Sonic Electronix

i remember when i was younger and didnt know much about car audio but it was loud. and i got 2 10s mtx and 2 12 mtx thunder series and hooked them all up to one 2 channel amp 1 12 and 1 10 to each channel. and it sounded really good and loud. my ? is why do ppl say not to mix sizes if u put one size in one box and the other in another box? i am not looking to do it it now just been wondering

Look at it this way, if you throw a pebble in water watch the ripples. Then throw a large 15 lb rock in and try to find the ripples from the pebble. You wont. The large things over power and cancel the little things. Same goes with sound waves.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

As long as you dont put different brands and sizes in the same enclosure, and each set off their own amp its fine. People do it for more of midrange and highs rather than subs. It just takes extra room away from a maximum enclosure for a better possibilty of subs.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

This thread is going to be epic...

LOL!

I mix sub sizes and have for a long time...

If it is done right it can work with no problem at all...

If they are tuned slightly different in different boxes on different amps, they will work real well...

People say they will sound distorted, play out of phase and not be loud, that is true IF not done correctly...

People also say it is ghetto... that is not true... it takes talent to do it... in my opinion...

some people have more experience than money and if you have mixed sub sizes and thats all you got, it will work...

Also, for sound quality I have seen people and done it myself run larger subs for lower bass and smaller subs for mid bass...

^^^

I wouldnt listen to this guy tho because he is completely wrong about everything he put. Having one set at a different frequency as the other will casuse cancellation and sound like complete ass. You can not have 18s for lows 12s for mids and 10s for highs like he is sayting.

It aint the best thing in the world to do but keep them in separate chambers and tune it all at the same frequency they will be fine. its very very very ghetto and there isnt any point of doing it but I know a guy who will do high 140s with 2 12 and 2 15s

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

^^^

I wouldnt listen to this guy tho because he is completely wrong about everything he put. Having one set at a different frequency as the other will casuse cancellation and sound like complete ass. You can not have 18s for lows 12s for mids and 10s for highs like he is sayting.

It aint the best thing in the world to do but keep them in separate chambers and tune it all at the same frequency they will be fine. its very very very ghetto and there isnt any point of doing it but I know a guy who will do high 140s with 2 12 and 2 15s

gonna assume that was sarcasm

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Funny thing is that guy who you just said is wrong, mixed 15's and 18's both on different amps and tuned differently in different boxes and I can say personally that there is no distortion or phase or cancellation issues.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

^^^

I suggest you maybe look at some of my youtube videos before you make that statement... I am doing it, 2 15's and 2 18's at 151-2db...

^^^

I suggest you maybe look at some of my youtube videos before you make that statement... I am doing it, 2 15's and 2 18's at 151-2db...

all in the same chamber and if not are they tuned the 15s and 18s tuned the same

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

Archived