Sonic Electronix

Yeah the trunk is small and the box wont be to specs. Im really feeling Fi so I may go with the btl and prob crossfire vr2000.

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

You are going to need a bigger alt and more than 1 battery to run 4k. It takes power to make power.

I agree, furthermore no one is forcing you to keep that car...In this country we have the ability to sell a Hyundai and buy an SUV or any number of other options.

Honestly 4k of real..clean power probably isn't realistic in a compact car daily driver, it is possible but...hard.

Ok a "4,000 WATT MAXXX! AMP!" from k-mart is a 300 watt amp...if that's what you mean by 4k...Then you'll more than likely be fine. If you are trying to run an amp that is reliable enough and stout enough to run 4k daily you will need huge electrical/charging system upgrades to ensure the amp's hunger for voltage is constantly met....

Next..a single 18 that can take that much wattage..lol it will be very hard to put 4k to a single sub for anything longer than an SPL burp, that's a huge amount of heat for any single voice coil to handle on music.

Always invest in a high output alternator before you start adding batteries. While your car is running, the electrical components in it are getting their power from the alternator not the battery.

There is a saying they teach in engineering school, and that is "build it too strong" if you build something too strong, you will build it with enough redundancy to never encounter it's maximum breaking point under normal conditions, like a bridge.

Apply that strategy to most things in car audio and you'll be fine.

Edited by AudioFiend
logo.png

Michigan Sundown Audio & Top Dog Audio Sales Rep

logo.gif

eis1t3.jpg

264ophg.jpg

o0azxk.jpg

Thanks alot guys I think Im going to run 2k and big 3 with real good batt. And keep myself open to add another amp if I get a better electrical system.

I really don't mean to be hurtful towards you, but judging by what I'm reading I think it would be wise for you to postpone making any major purchases until you really have a firm grasp of what you're doing. Experience tells me you could do some major damage to even the best equipment just by not knowing what you're doing.

The truth can hurt but...Seriously you will thank me in the end if you just do another couple solid months of studying and research before buying anything.

logo.png

Michigan Sundown Audio & Top Dog Audio Sales Rep

logo.gif

eis1t3.jpg

264ophg.jpg

o0azxk.jpg

Thanks alot guys I think Im going to run 2k and big 3 with real good batt. And keep myself open to add another amp if I get a better electrical system.

I really don't mean to be hurtful towards you, but judging by what I'm reading I think it would be wise for you to postpone making any major purchases until you really have a firm grasp of what you're doing. Experience tells me you could do some major damage to even the best equipment just by not knowing what you're doing.

The truth can hurt but...Seriously you will thank me in the end if you just do another couple solid months of studying and research before buying anything.

sure

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL