Sonic Electronix

Sold My MTX9515-44 . . Can't Decide Which one to get next .please help

Personally I would stick with the AQ HDC315 ;)

Orion was bought out by another company some time back I believe, and their quality has suffered.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Personally I would stick with the AQ HDC315 ;)

Orion was bought out by another company some time back I believe, and their quality has suffered.

Yes i'm ordering my AQ HDC315-A next week . . but what are the differences on the alu coil and copper coil .

Headunit - Pioneer AVH-P4250 DVD

4 - infinity reference 6.5

a pair of infinity reference tweeters

1 - AudioQue AQ-120.4 amplifier for mids & highs

1 - AudioQue AQ-2200D Monoblock

1 - AudioQue HDC315

KitAudio kerf ported Enclosure

4 - Stinger pro series signal wires

20ft Stinger 1/0Ga power & Ground wires

Big Three Upgrade

1 - Kinetik HC1800 (Not Here yet . .Still Saving up for one)

Straight from the AQ site :D

"Copper versus Aluminum coil windings..

The performance difference between copper and aluminum coil widings lies in the physical and resistance differences in the two materials. Copper is the more efficient conductor, able to transmit the same current with less cross section area. Aluminum requires more cross section area to do the same job...

Aluminum has lower mass than copper giving the ability to move the same current, albeit through a larger conductor than copper, but with an overall reduction in mass...

The larger surface area of aluminum can have an advantage in a voice coil when it comes to the length of the coil windings. An aluminum coil of the same impedance as copper will end up with a longer winding length, increasing the Xmax number...

Some system designs may benefit from the longer Xmax if the system uses extremely long excursions, as may the case is competition vehicles making high distortion 2 second SPL runs. The longer coil windings keep more turns of wire in the magnet gap at high excursion...

The aluminum wire, with its larger cross section area, is not as efficient as copper. A copper wire coil will pack more turns of wire into the magnet gap and results in higher energy over the operating Xmax of the coil. Well designed enclosures usually give better performance with the more efficient copper windings in both sound quality and output...

The power handling differences between copper and aluminum are negligible IF both wires are using the same coatings and same adhesives systems. Aluminum will have more surface area to dissipate heat, but takes more power to reach the higher efficiency of the copper coil, in subwoofer applications. In midrange/tweeter applications, the lighter aluminum wire can have significant impact on high frequency performance where moving mass dominates...

In 95% of the applications we see, the copper coils are the way to go..."

i also like the Orion HCCA15.2 . . but they are a bit over my budget

i was going to suggest this, but they go for 500 bucks new at the cheapest so shipping for an 90 pound box will be expensive. but there is a reason there expensive. there beast lol i love mine so much deff gonna pick up another one when i get the electrical set up

edit: yea DEI bought them a little while ago and i have heard that DEI didnt make them as good as they were made previously. but none the less i still love mine. mabey it isnt made as good now but the thing is still a tank

Edited by bignickk

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

Which one should i get . . alu or copper ??? My brain can't handle the siencetrippy.gif

1 - AudioQue HDC315

Big Three Upgrade

I would go with the copper, because it says the aluminum coil takes more power to reach same efficiency. With 1500w running to it, the copper will be able to handle it better than the aluminum coil, and should sound better :)

I've heard they offer similar performance, but the DD35 edges out in sound quality. This may not be true and they both may sound the same, I've never heard a AQ product, everyone around here rocks Kicker lol. And yes, AQ is designed by the owner of DD's son.

You got it backwords bro DJ is the father and also the owner of AQ.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I've heard they offer similar performance, but the DD35 edges out in sound quality. This may not be true and they both may sound the same, I've never heard a AQ product, everyone around here rocks Kicker lol. And yes, AQ is designed by the owner of DD's son.

You got it backwords bro DJ is the father and also the owner of AQ.

Ah, well I must have been misinformed somewhere along the line lol. Thanks for the correction :D

1 - AudioQue HDC315

Big Three Upgrade

On the SA site it describes it as an SQ sub, and it has a 3* rating. I can't find much other things about it, so I would stick with the product you already know about, the AQ HDC315.