Sonic Electronix

Im relatively new to car audio and this forum helps me alot. So I've heard lots of good thing about both batteries just never had either. And I've done some browsing and its awfully hard to find a good h/o alternator for my car and engine type. Nobody really goes big with a 99 taurus haha.

1999 Taurus SE

Power Acousticks Mofo-15

Crunch pzi 3000.1d

Rockford Fosgate Prime 150.2d

Alpine type S 6x8's

Stinger 1/0awg wire

Call Mechman. That is your best bet. You will see drop with the setup but I don't honestly see a high output alternator a necessity at this point in time. I personally, have a huge hardon for electrical overkill and its up to you.

I know Matt or whoever picks up would be more than able to help you.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

If I do come up with the funds for a h/o alt. Mechman would be my first choice teamht. My only problem is im 18 still in highschool and work at kfc Haha.

1999 Taurus SE

Power Acousticks Mofo-15

Crunch pzi 3000.1d

Alpine type S 6x8's

Stinger 1/0awg wire

I figured there was a limited budget. It's also one of the best things about Mechman. Many models normally built and ready to go, at a price that is almost unbeatable for the performance you actually receive.

Upgrade the batteries, then save up for the alternator. Then...the amp, lol. What are you pushing by the way?

Edited by TeamHT

I got a power acosticks 15 and a crunch pzi 3000.1d amp but with open house cash im lookin at the new rockford t2 15 and not sure for an amp.. any suggestions?

1999 Taurus SE

Power Acousticks Mofo-15

Crunch pzi 3000.1d

Alpine type S 6x8's

Stinger 1/0awg wire

I'm a loser that drives a Taurus as well. 2005 though. DC Power 270XP alternator will be here Monday :clapping: it isn't listed on any site but just give DC or MM a call and they can hook you up. They do run $400 and up though from either company

And I run a XS D3400 battery up front in the stock location. Depends but yours may be the same size. Just have to measure. Big 3 in 1/0g wire and a nice XS battery up front you'll be good to go for almost 2-3,000 watts with barely any voltage drop. Taurus' stock alts can do almost 140amps at higher RPM.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I wonder if an od pully on a stock alt will make any difference, I doubt it though. And id have to measure the battery tray, I was thinking about the same battery as you and if it fit up front I be quite happy haha

1999 Taurus SE

Power Acousticks Mofo-15

Crunch pzi 3000.1d

Alpine type S 6x8's

Stinger 1/0awg wire

fit perfect in mine my stock battery had reverse polarity though. - is on the side + usually is on most batteries.. If yours is the same get a S3400. its the same battery, just a different type of case and reverse polarity

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

The new RF T2 isn't bad, but I would look around first on the site for other subs similar in price. I honestly would so two 12" dc level 4s on an AQ2200. Frugal, daily, and guaranteed to pound