Living room configuration

So I am moving into my new house pretty soon and I dont know how I should set things up. I dont have the actual dimensions of the room but the room is longer than it is wide.

For sake of this post lets say the living room is 10'w x 15'l. Here is a crude drawing of how the room is setup in the house.

LIVINGSPACE.jpg

What do you think would be the best arrangements for the couch and TV?

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

What kind of TV a flat screen? IS it possible to mount it above the fireplace? How much furniture do you have? If you put the couch perpendicular to the wall with the bay window, it could look good.

If the tv isnt mountable, maybe you could put it on the wall with the cased opening, and put the couch infront of the window.

It hard to judge without pics FTL lol

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

What kind of TV a flat screen? IS it possible to mount it above the fireplace? How much furniture do you have? If you put the couch perpendicular to the wall with the bay window, it could look good.

If the tv isnt mountable, maybe you could put it on the wall with the cased opening, and put the couch infront of the window.

It hard to judge without pics FTL lol

Its a 50" LCD. I have a mount for it but I dont know how I would mount it without tearing that wall apart to wire shit up. I don't know but, I would think TV above a wood burning fire p[lace is not the best idea....then again maybe it doesn't get that hot to affect it. I just have one three cushion couch.

Oh and my wife says I cannot block the bay window at all!

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I would do tv above fireplace or in corner between fireplace and bay window

couch on opp wall of bay window so you can see out window and watch tv at the same time

I want to get the best sound stage that I can and by putting the TV in the corners that would throw off the surround sound. I would have speakers in strange places.

d(-__-)b

ive seen several people put the TV above the fire place and I have never seen anything about the heat hurting the TV. does it have a big mantle to sort of direct the heat away from the TV?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Actually there is just kinda like a shelf on the wall above the fireplace....I would have to lower it for the TV to fit. One of the first thoughts that went through my mind when we looked at the house, lol. Walked thru the door first thing i said to my wife is wonder if the tv can go above the fireplace. :D

d(-__-)b

if it was my house, i would build a nice mantle to protect the TV. try some googling to see if people have problems with the heat.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived