Sonic Electronix

I am losing power somewhere. I don't know where. My subs arent as loud as they were about a week ago. I know they arent as loud because the pressure inside the vehicle isn't there anymore. I don't know if I am draining the battery somehow when the vehicle is off or what. Please, any helpful suggestions would be great. It's starting to worry me.

Edited by Torquemaster69

I'm not shy, I'm just hiding how awesome I am so I don't intimidate you.

4 DVC 15" Lanzar Heritage Subwoofers

2 Soundstorm Labs 2600.2 Amplifiers

2 Yellow Top Optima Batteries

1 8 Farad Soundstream Capacitor

12 Inch Motorized Flipdown Screen

Black Suede Roofline

do you mean you are losing output and have no idea on "power"? just trying to make sure you are asking the correct question.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

do you bump your system when you car is off ?

No, I never bump it when its off

What's the resting voltage of your batt?

steady at 14.4v

do you mean you are losing output and have no idea on "power"? just trying to make sure you are asking the correct question.

Sorry...I should have been more clear. Over the past several days, I've noticed that the, for lack of a better term, volume of my subs has been going down. I don't know if I am draining one of my batteries while the vehicle is off and it just needs to recharge or the constant shaking of the subs is changing the volume knob of the amp itself

Edited by Torquemaster69

Black Suede Roofline

Hmm thought it could of been a bad cell and your alternator was working harder to keep that battery charged lowering the voltage output but if it's resting at 14.4 then it's not that.

I have a dual battery set-up, so i'm unsure whether the secondary battery is being drained and while the vehicle is on, the main battery and alternator is charging the secondary at the cost of output

Black Suede Roofline

14.4 is NOT resting voltage... resting voltage means the voltage while the batteries are not being charged. as in, the car is off, and has been for about an hour.

how do you know the "pressure" inside the car? have you metered it? chances are you are just getting used to it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.