Sundown Audio

Amp Help!

jcm1689

K as some of you know i now have the blow through i was working on functioning..... However we are have a problem with the amp. For those of you that dont know its a Powerbass XA-3000D. I have each sub wired to 1.5 ohms. I set the gain with a meter last night. bass boost is all the way down on the amp as well as the deck. voltage normally sits at 14.2volts and doesnt drop below 13.6. after about 30 seconds of playing its super hot. if you let it play any longer than that it will go into protect mode till it can cool down? Does any one know what could be causing this?

this is behind the passenger seat. the seat doesnt get that close to it i dont think its getting smothered or anything?

IMG_4287.jpg

So you drop the ohm load and now the amp gets stupied hot?

no didnt drop the load. hooked it up at 1.5 and have had it like that since. supposivly its stable down to .5 ohms but either way its above 1ohm which is what its rated at.

there the dual 1 ohm model. each one is wired in series to get a 1.5 ohm load. there are 2 outputs on the amp. each speaker goes into one output.

so it in turn wires them in parallel or no? which would be .75. i know some amps are wired in parallel inside.

i was told it doesnt but im not sure.....the amp is used so no manual and power bass isnt open till monday so i cant find out for sure till then. but even if it were to be wired at .75 the gain is only 1/4 way up and with no bass boost at all should it really be over heating that fast?