Sonic Electronix

Ok I have 2 15 inch re audio mx subs a hifonics 3200 watt Colossus amp. I also have a mtx te 404 on my highs and txc 6.1 components up front and focal 6.5 in th rear doors. I have a soundstream bx4 line driver sending signal to the amps. I plan on upgrading the big 3 this week I am looking for ways to get more power out of the cars electrical system. My question is this. Do I get a second battery for the back? I want to get a H.O. altonator. Will I need any other hardware to install a second battery?

Any feedback is apriciated.

02 Trailblazer

Soundstram vir 500 Head Unit

Audiopipe line driver

Hifonics Collossus (1600 X 2 @ 1 ohm rms)

2 15 RE MX custom box 3.5 net cuft per side tuned @

MTX TE404 highs amp

MTX 6.1 compnents in front doors

Focal 6.5 in rear doors

Kenetik 2000 watt battery in rear

Python alarm system

Ok I have 2 15 inch re audio mx subs a hifonics 3200 watt Colossus amp. I also have a mtx te 404 on my highs and txc 6.1 components up front and focal 6.5 in th rear doors. I have a soundstream bx4 line driver sending signal to the amps. I plan on upgrading the big 3 this week I am looking for ways to get more power out of the cars electrical system. My question is this. Do I get a second battery for the back? I want to get a H.O. altonator. Will I need any other hardware to install a second battery?

Any feedback is apriciated.

2nd batt is a plus, ho alt is a good idea also, definitely do the big 3 first, as far as hardware for the back batt you need 3 fuses( 1 within 12" of front batt,1 within 12" of back batt and 1 between back batt and amp), 1 run of 0 gauge from your positive post on your front batt or you can run 1 from your charging post on the alt, 1 0 gauge ground from back batt to good ground(frame,shock tower bolt,ext)and away to hold the batt down(tray,box)you dont want it rolling around back there

87 gmc s15- 6 AB dx 12s-AB 150.1-AB 75.1-AB sq480

extras-crossfire/sundown 15-diamond audio d2 12-AB vfl 1000(hc502)-mtx 2300x

A shop said to get an isolator for the second battery because it would drain from the main battery when the car is off will I need that? Also do u think I could get away with one big battery? I really don't think I have the space in the back for a second battery

02 Trailblazer

Audiopipe line driver

MTX TE404 highs amp

Focal 6.5 in rear doors

Python alarm system

A shop said to get an isolator for the second battery because it would drain from the main battery when the car is off will I need that? Also do u think I could get away with one big battery? I really don't think I have the space in the back for a second battery

no, the shop is stupid. you shouldnt even play your system with your car off in the first place.

That's what I was saying to kranny they was saying just sitting there it would drain back and forth and I didn't understand that at all

02 Trailblazer

Audiopipe line driver

MTX TE404 highs amp

Focal 6.5 in rear doors

Python alarm system

That's what I was saying to kranny they was saying just sitting there it would drain back and forth and I didn't understand that at all

i mean, theoretically its supposed to help your car be able to start when youve been playing music for a while with the car off (why you would do this? i have no idea). then the isolator switches the batteries so the alternator now has to charge the completely dead one that you were using to play music on which is HORRIBLE for an alternator to do. doing this multiple times may ruin your battery (if not deep cycle) and in the long run may ruin your alternator.

If your saying your getting a 3200 watt amp, I don't know how it is rated but that and a amp to power 2 other sets of components will need atleast 2 batteries. And if you even want to run close to the 1K watts, maybe even lower to around 700+ watts, you need to do the big 3.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

So do u think I should get the altonator first or the battery

02 Trailblazer

Audiopipe line driver

MTX TE404 highs amp

Focal 6.5 in rear doors

Python alarm system