DC Sound Lab

Ok the local stereo shop that is like pro DD is hosting a USACi event next month for one of our local sound offs and I have a good feeling I'll be the only guy in Team DC that weekend here lol. I am kinda thinking about going to a different amp before the comp just not sure what I want to run do to budget I am looking at the AQ1200d or maybe a Audiopipe AP1800d on my lvl4 to replace my alphasonik I have now that just seems so under powered when I metered the output it was like maybe 600wrms at max volume when it is listing 1800wrms on the amp so I think its time for an upgrade to surprise the DD masses at the shop I also have the cut sheet for a larger box that is 2.5cuft compared to my 1.5 I spec for the woofer and all. What is a good budget amp that will push that lvl4 to the daily or comp limit and kill the DD ill be having to go against I want to through about 1200-1500wrms to it for the comp. When I measured the impedance of my woofer in the box at the amp I am getting around 2ohms of resistance. I want to put on a good showing and rep DC like they should be around here. Any tips will be appreciated wish me luck and see yall in the lanes later this summer in the events on the gulf coast.

Its a lvl4 12 dual 2. I am looking to be trying to run in street beat with it as well so a burp only box is out of the question and its in a 03 s10 ext cab. My current amp says it will do 905x2 or 1810x1 at 1ohm and about 1100x1 at 2ohms but its more like 800x1 at 1 when I set my gains with the dmm and the amp is almost maxed out

http://www.audiosavings.com/products/Car-Amplifiers/MB-QUART-ONX1.1500D-1500-WATT-MONO-CLASS-D-AMPLIFIER/ONX1.1500D.aspx

that should be a good amp for u. just set the gains right & know ur subs limits ;).

as far as a box, id go with 1.5-1.75 cubes with 16-18in of port per cube.

id fire the sub forward (maybe try firing up also) & fire port toward driver side.

DC FTW! show those guys what u got! :drink40:

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

ok but im sorry that mb quart amp is not going to throw as much true power as it says , so i think.. i may be wrong but overtime with the name behind aq 1200d you would be better off i mean look at how many people recommend and support aq amps like SuperchargedDD says never can go wrong

aq1200d is 870w rms at 2 ohm 1200 rms 1 ohm 510x1 4ohm

and all true power has a amazing bass knob and settings id go with the aq1200 or if you really can that 2200d would be perfect at 2 ohms for ya a little pricey but so worth it the aq amps are impressive.

and im expecting you have already done big three? under the hood? your wiring is what atleast 4ga but hoping it is 0/1 ga?

if you know anything about being a mechanic you can setup your idle on your truck a bit higher so you wont lose as much power when subs hit and or burp.

and maybe a extra battery?

Edited by Relyks

I have some DBlink 0ga running all the way back and I still need to do my big 3 under the hood. The current box is around 1.5cuft with a 6in aero port 18in long sub up port to passenger side. i am thinking about the 2200d im just worried about the impedance rise in the box changing for some freak reason and putting to much power to the sub. Would the lvl4 12 take all the power from the 2200 safely?

no, i wouldnt recommend the 2200...

for a burp it can definitely handle it, u said u wanted to play music on it to tho.

i think the mb quart is a decent amp & can do rated, plus u would save ~$40 over the aq amp. :pardon::drinks:

X2 on doing the big 3 & another batt would help also.

Edited by matt402

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

at 2 ohm 2200 is around the perfect amount for a dc lvl 4 and that amp your reccomending look at guts of it then look at guts of a aq nuff said right there your not just paying for a name with aq your paying true quality and i think everyone can vote and say the same for aq just look at there reputation thats like comparing kicker to dc or sa... also that 2200d would be great for maybe after this competition if you wanted to go bigger you could get another sub and wire it 1ohm and have a great big build but for now that 1200d would be great and the 2200d would be great for future and now. just youtube them aq amps and read the reviews you will see exactly what i mean

but for sure a dc audio lvl 4 and 1200 aq or more will make you drop in volts do the big 3 that will helps not lose any power when it hits .

good luck with that competition.

aq all the way aq=audioque or audioquality ;)

just look at the difference in the inside of the amp alone.

also on that mb quart that remote is a bast boost the aq is a true gain knob with a clipping light so even if you did get the 2200d it has clipping light and lets you know already that your clipping wont let you mess it up ;) ask around man.

and max input for wire is 2 ga?? your running 0 dont lose any power by making it fit in that 2ga slot when 2200d will take 0ga

Edited by Relyks

ok i am already running the 0-4ga adapter for my current amp. right now i am getting a 2 ohm load when i am measuring my wires when moving the woofer in the box so i am guessing i am getting about half an ohm to an ohm of impedance ride in my box