Mechman Alternators

PMed you with some questions, will post here

bought the 425A alt you have for the 5.7 chevys

i know it doesnt do much power at idle, but is it suposed to charge at 12.1v at idle? seems a tad low to me

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

that does seem low, what happens when you give it some gas?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

does the alt have a regulator or you have a mla? if not id look into those

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

mechman doesn't have an adjustable voltage boost module harness for your application?

they do, but i ordered a vcm about 3-4 months ago, got it in all wired and everything and it didnt work,XS was suposed to send another one and.. have yet to get one, id like the VCM becasue if voltage display and its at my fingertips

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

No output at idle, means no output at idle. With the 400+ unit, you will always be at battery voltage at idle until you get to about 1000 rpms or so. (Like we told you when you purchased the unit)

No module, VCM, regulator or anything else is going to change that.

If you are only at 12.1 volts battery voltage, I would say that your batteries are either discharged, or in poor condition. They should be able to maintain 12.7 volts with no load against them even if there were NO alternator on the engine.