DC Sound Lab

So, I am getting two level 4 dc subs but I dont know what kind of amp I should get. I plan on competing in competitions, I dont know if that matters on what size amp I should get or not, but I do not wanna blow these. I need to know what size and brand I should get and why. Any serious suggestions would be appreciated.

Depends on the ohm load you will be running at and level of skill and knowledge.

If you want to be cautious get a DC 2.0k. If you know what you're doing get a DC 3.5k but know that if you aren't careful with the power you can cook the subs. I'll personally have a DC 3.5k on my 2 LVL4 12's when I get the amp in at the beginning of next month.

Edited by bumonskateboard6

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Depends on the ohm load you will be running at and level of skill and knowledge.

If you want to be cautious get a DC 2.0k. If you know what you're doing get a DC 3.5k

but know that if you aren't careful with the power you can cook the subs. I'll personally

have a DC 3.5k on my 2 LVL4 12's when I get the amp in at the beginning of nextmonth.

What is the ohm load? And like idk what my experience level is. I've only had two 12" Rockford fosgate p2 punches. With a kenwood kac 7202. And one of The coils is separating from the cone in my left sub. The guy at the car shop told me it was because the amp I was running to it was to much for those subs to be played the way I play them. They said I flexed them to much.

Lmao,

You flexed them to much?

I'm assuming over excursion.

What is over excursion. I don't have any clue about anything about subs really other than that size and a larger rms/peak means they will be louder. I got the rockfords and kenwood from my neighbor for free.

Read around a lot on here before you attempt running thousands of watts.

The LVL4's are a 1000wrms sub so 2 of them need 2000wrms. If you get them both with D1 coils you can run them at 1 ohm so you are looking for an amp that puts out 2000 watts RMS at one ohm. The DC 2.0k would be my recommendation.

Here's how to wire them at a 1 ohm load:

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

No offence, but you don't sound like you are near experienced enough to run 2000 watts.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Read around a lot on here before you attempt running thousands of watts.

The LVL4's are a 1000wrms sub so 2 of them need 2000wrms. If you get them both with D1 coils you can run them at 1 ohm so you are looking for an amp that puts out 2000 watts RMS at one ohm. The DC 2.0k would be my recommendation.

Here's how to wire them at a 1 ohm load:

2_1ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

Would that be under powering them though? Since their rms is 1000 and the amp would be putting 1000 into each of them. So it wouldnt it be putting just enough watts into each sub to get them to work? people have told me that the rms is the amount of power it takes to get the subs to actually work right? And I wanna compete over the summer so would 2k be enough? If im wrong please correct me and explain. (<-- thats not sarcasm I joined this forum so I could learn about the stuff that I don't know)