Second Skin Audio

Hmmm, first box design

also did it change your net volume cause I did on my calculations.

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

Lol no thats just to much for me, I have never designed a single box and now I need to do that, only reason I am using that calculator is because this is my first, and I see nothing on this calculator to help with L ports.

Edit: For port walls, I was going to be doing dual sub on same side of the box, with the port in the center, so would that be 2 sides because it touches only the 2 sides of the box?

Edit2: ya it did change my net volume, drasticly, this calc sux :(

Edited by RooTxBeeR
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

if you have a 5"deep box and pour port is 8" long you will L your port. The first port wall will have to leave 2" from the back of the box to the end of the board then run another board in a L shape to make up the extra 5". This is a poor example but it works

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

Lol no thats just to much for me, I have never designed a single box and now I need to do that, only reason I am using that calculator is because this is my first, and I see nothing on this calculator to help with L ports.

Edit: For port walls, I was going to be doing dual sub on same side of the box, with the port in the center, so would that be 2 sides because it touches only the 2 sides of the box?

why do you say this calculator sucks? its the best one ive ever used and its free, wtf more can you ask for? i dont understand how adding 1 piece of wood is too much work?...

why do you say this calculator sucks? its the best one ive ever used and its free, wtf more can you ask for? i dont understand how adding 1 piece of wood is too much work?...

I too was having issues with the calculator but it was because I didnt know what I was doing and is what this guys issue is as well...Once I figured it out it made my life so much easier mainly because I suck at math... But I agree the program is the shit and way accurate

I hate country too..

the calculator DOES account for "L" ports if you look on the right it says if the port bends or not then when you are building you just bend the port however many inches it is wide so the port is consistent all the way through

also what size woofer are you using you have the boxes checked for port and sub upward and your box is only 10" deep so im going to guess a pair of 8s cause thats all thats going to fit in that

Edited by zayres29

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

It is just hard to use if you don't understand just 1 thing on it. My problem is, I am putting the port directly between my subs, so doing an L line won't work if I'm correct. And adding a 1 piece of wood is very hard for me since this is my first ever box I have designed and really am not understanding a damned thing of it.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Takes practice. I am still learning too. I didnt have someone here to hold my hand and I did alright on my first box. Use trial and error

aldo dont forget to add in sub volume

Edited by TIG

I hate country too..