Decent sounding setup help

To be honest, the RE subs of new are not like the RE subs of old! I know people prolly will disagree, but everyone has their own opinion!

But from what I have heard, installed, and tested in the last year, there are only a few subs that I would replace my Onyx sub with for my SQ needs. It really depends on which genre you want to go with. You want SQL, I would run either a Sundown SA12, T3 t.1000, or an Image Dynamics IDMAX. If you are leaning more towards SQ, then I would consider the T3 t.600 or the Image Dynamics IDQ!

I havent had personal experience with any FI stuff, some of the middle/high RE, or any of the middle/high RF! But with the ones I have listed I am very impressed and quite happy with their performance, quality, clarity, and strong response to many tones.

But in all actually, to each their own!

Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

go on ebay, look for old Linear Power amps, like the 652iq, the 952iq, or 1502iq, they will out do many of the new amps today, and are worth every penny you spend! They are amazing for a front stage! For a mono amp for your sub choice, look into like old zapco 2 ch, they need external crossovers but have power well more than rated, perfect to push a sub.

Ill tell you as an SQ guy, you dont need 1000's of dollars to sound good, you need great assembly and tuning, imaging, whether to run in or out of phase. Its about the build more than the product, one angle can through off imaging, and poof sounds like shit.

Great post here ... I love the old Linear Power amps ... and run them today !!! :drink40:

Best I could say is "Attention to detail" on you install ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch