Sonic Electronix

Big 4, batteries, alt, mla, vcm,

Could you clarify on the fourth wire upgrade and the last two things you mentioned for me please?

I think he was either kiddig about the 4 or typo... High output alternator, a secondary batter or multiple batteries depending on system needs, mla voltage modular and XS power VCN

nope not a typo big 4 is also an extra ground from the alt to the battery, because your alt is the best ground on your vehicle!

Missing Link Audio module spikes your voltage pretty much, and the vcm is right here Click here to read about it, i would do a new alt, or at least a smaller pullly on your stock one

Edited by Red-navi-916

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

I would start with extra batt first then H.O alt.

Why would he get a secondary battery first?

1. The alternator is the heart of you electrical system. Adding another battery won't increase voltage it just gives you more of a supply.

2. His current Alt can barely keep one battery charged but let's put even more stress on it by putting a second batt

you win some, you lose some

I doubt i'm going to do either of those on this particular car as it is just a daily driver that I plan to sell once I get a job and save up as it has too many things that need repair. I will do the "big 3" upgrade though and hopefully my voltage will improve a little from that. Thank you everyone for your inputs.

Edited by KevinniveK

my big 4 included a wire from battery + to my fuse box. figured i would help get some power to my car, and it was needed.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

my big 4 included a wire from battery + to my fuse box. figured i would help get some power to my car, and it was needed.

How exactly would I install the wire from the positive terminal to the fuse box?

Edited by KevinniveK

how about this for a solution? and its free. dont play full tilt at idle. i dont and i never have problems with voltage drop. but the big 3 will always help no matter what so i'd recommend doing that also.

Edit: wait did you say you stay at 12.8 when at idle with no music? I might have missed it but do you have a stock alt?

Edited by Kranny