'91 Civic hatchback wall build

WOW, that's EXTREMELY impressive numbers for such low power!! I may need to steal an efficient box plan from you! We can play in any of the three Basic classes: Basic 1 = 500 watts max clamped, Basic 2 = 1000 watts max clamped, or Basic 3 = 2000 watts max clamped. So efficiency is KEY here!!

Thanks man, i can´t take the whole credit, strongmandesigns helped me A LOT on this process, believe it or not we are talking about a single DD m1 , so it´s not 1200 clamped watts , i haven´t clamp this thing yet but i will eventually, let me work on this box a little bit more so i can know for sure if it works for you or not, of course, i will send you and also post the pics, specs and all the godies of this box on SMD in a couple of weeks when it´s completly done.

About your car, well it´s way different than my explorer, so this work might be to big for your car since the resonant frequency of the civic is way higher than mine, but i honestly tell you this, i don´t care about that frequency anymore!!!! I´m burping 9 hz below the peak of the explorer and i´m way louder than using smaller boxes peaking higher, my best advice for you is this, if you decide to build the same box, i would tune it around 40 hz using PVC tubes and start cutting them shorter to raise tuning and score until it starts droppping on the sensor, after that, just use PSP aeros with the tuning frequency you found and let it rip :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

damn just went thru the whole thread, didnt even know this was here.... :pardon:

nothing like a father and son build, man im impressed with that 155. I have whats in my sig and hope to get that with mine, but we'll see im still waiting on the subs. Small cars with big subs always produce good numbers.

Hope to see what else you have planned!

damn just went thru the whole thread, didnt even know this was here.... :pardon:

nothing like a father and son build, man im impressed with that 155. I have whats in my sig and hope to get that with mine, but we'll see im still waiting on the subs. Small cars with big subs always produce good numbers.

Hope to see what else you have planned!

With those subs and that power, the sky is the limit!

WOW, that's EXTREMELY impressive numbers for such low power!! I may need to steal an efficient box plan from you! We can play in any of the three Basic classes: Basic 1 = 500 watts max clamped, Basic 2 = 1000 watts max clamped, or Basic 3 = 2000 watts max clamped. So efficiency is KEY here!!

Thanks man, i can´t take the whole credit, strongmandesigns helped me A LOT on this process, believe it or not we are talking about a single DD m1 , so it´s not 1200 clamped watts , i haven´t clamp this thing yet but i will eventually, let me work on this box a little bit more so i can know for sure if it works for you or not, of course, i will send you and also post the pics, specs and all the godies of this box on SMD in a couple of weeks when it´s completly done.

About your car, well it´s way different than my explorer, so this work might be to big for your car since the resonant frequency of the civic is way higher than mine, but i honestly tell you this, i don´t care about that frequency anymore!!!! I´m burping 9 hz below the peak of the explorer and i´m way louder than using smaller boxes peaking higher, my best advice for you is this, if you decide to build the same box, i would tune it around 40 hz using PVC tubes and start cutting them shorter to raise tuning and score until it starts droppping on the sensor, after that, just use PSP aeros with the tuning frequency you found and let it rip :)

Hey man, you don't have to post that stuff if you don't want to! I was just kidding about stealing box plans....... I know you have a lot more room and more air to displace in your vehicle than I do in mine. We are limited to a tiny compartment behind the back seat, so we just made a box that fits. Now it's all testing and modifying to get it loud.

Still, 147's with 1200 watts before rise is just incredible!!

Hey man, you don't have to post that stuff if you don't want to! I was just kidding about stealing box plans....... I know you have a lot more room and more air to displace in your vehicle than I do in mine. We are limited to a tiny compartment behind the back seat, so we just made a box that fits. Now it's all testing and modifying to get it loud.

Still, 147's with 1200 watts before rise is just incredible!!

Kevin, you saw my SPL gains topic right?? as you can see , i post EVERYTHING i do lol, you don´t need to steal any box plans since i´m gonna post it on the forum and also send it to you of course, wht i can tell you is this, my DD´s love a big a ss box and port when you have small power, we are talking about AT LEAST 2.4 cubic feet per sub and a massive amount of port area!!

I´m not gonna lie to you, i´m pretty exited with the results so far, i was shooting for a 147 at the end of this build, but i know i have on my hands a 149 with 1200 watts before impedance rise without ANY problems!! Let me see if i can find a good clamp meter and clamp this thing, but i know i most be seeing no more than 1000 watts for sure. The box im working with it´s 5.7 cubic feet after displacement with 3 6" Aeros and a 39 hz tuning, no 45´s ,rouding edges,duct tape or anything of the good old tips, measures are this:

cajau.png

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Been seeing your post, never got to see this tread. I have to say, you guys did an amazing job! I have a guy local that has 4 DD3515 on 1000w each (non-clamped) and he is hitting a 154.1 outlaw, so I'm very surprised that you not only beat his score, but did it with a lower line! Congrats, and can't wait to see how the new build comes out.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

I'd be willing to bet that, if that is a 1200 watt amp, you aren't clamping more than 700 - 800 watts on a burp. Crazy to be doing 147's with that much power.

We´ll see, that would be nice hehe, that means i can throw a big ass amplifier and raise that score without breaking any sub hehe

Been seeing your post, never got to see this tread. I have to say, you guys did an amazing job! I have a guy local that has 4 DD3515 on 1000w each (non-clamped) and he is hitting a 154.1 outlaw, so I'm very surprised that you not only beat his score, but did it with a lower line! Congrats, and can't wait to see how the new build comes out.

Yeah, kevin´s civic it´s loud as hell, specially using those 1515´s , i´ve tested almost all the DD models and the 2515 and 3515 it´s way louder tan the 1515 even using small power, i can´t imagine what that wall could have done with some sexy 3515´s , about the local guy, major fail box, happens to everybody, i had a box with 4 2512´s using a Soundigital 8k that scored a 148.5 HAHAHAHAHAHA, shit happens but it´s a fun learning process :)

Fecupe is right on the money. As long as you use decent equipment, it's all about the box and design after that. I strongly feel we could have been even louder with more port area, but we were out of room on the baffle.

Archived