DC Sound Lab

New guy, new lvl4 12. Need box help.

345 tires on the rear .... Fuck, I thought my 305s were wide

Oh shit, mistype there lol. 245/40 rears. jeebus, could you imagine the sidewall difference if they were 345/40's?

yeah, i was gonna say goooodness lol. my stock rims are 8.5" with a 245 width on the tire. and if your rims are 8" and your width is 345, thats gotta look pretty interesting...

anyways, ive got a 2000 LS V6 with 2 of those subs, same color DC logos lol. funny how much we have in common. really liking your LS, especially all the lights. been wanting to make mine that way.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

as everyone else said, go 2 cubes 30-35hz tuning, and 1000rms, 1200rms is fine, the lvl4 will take that well.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

345 tires on the rear .... Fuck, I thought my 305s were wide

Oh shit, mistype there lol. 245/40 rears. jeebus, could you imagine the sidewall difference if they were 345/40's?

yeah, i was gonna say goooodness lol. my stock rims are 8.5" with a 245 width on the tire. and if your rims are 8" and your width is 345, thats gotta look pretty interesting...

anyways, ive got a 2000 LS V6 with 2 of those subs, same color DC logos lol. funny how much we have in common. really liking your LS, especially all the lights. been wanting to make mine that way.

Thanks! Here's a link for how to take apart the lights to remove the corner lens:

http://www.lskoncepts.com/LSK%20Angel%20Eye%20Install%20Guide%20-%20CCFL.pdf

And, a super easy DIY for tinting the amber corner lens if you prefer to have them like mine:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=56398

That last link is from a forum that I'm pretty active on. Same username over there.

Edited by pektel

as everyone else said, go 2 cubes 30-35hz tuning, and 1000rms, 1200rms is fine, the lvl4 will take that well.

Thanks for the input!

ANother stupid question probably. I used psp's port length calculator. If I do a 2 cube box tuned to 34hz, a single 4" aeroport would need to be 12.72" long. Which I can deal with. My question is: How much room should I allow for the space between the back of the port and the back of the box? My logic wants to say at least the diameter of the tube. But that would mean I would need to make one dimension over 16". Doesn't leave a whole lot of room to mount a sub and port on a single side remaining. How much clearance do I need between the port and the bock of the box?

oh damn, didnt even realize the tint lol. saw you said they were tinted, but didnt see the difference til i actually tried to notice. but i do like the way that looks. yeah, ive been over to lskonceptz. found a few places with instuctions on how to take out the lense a while ago. just havent had the time or determination to do any cosmetic work to my car lol

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

Thanks for the input!

ANother stupid question probably. I used psp's port length calculator. If I do a 2 cube box tuned to 34hz, a single 4" aeroport would need to be 12.72" long. Which I can deal with. My question is: How much room should I allow for the space between the back of the port and the back of the box? My logic wants to say at least the diameter of the tube. But that would mean I would need to make one dimension over 16". Doesn't leave a whole lot of room to mount a sub and port on a single side remaining. How much clearance do I need between the port and the bock of the box?

keep port 4"+ away from box walls...

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

Say, youmentioned you have 2 lvl 4's in the trunk... What did you do to prevent rattles with the rear license plate surround? Did you have to use any deadener on it as well? I'm going to be placing an order with second skin tonight or tomorrow. Going to get one bulk pack to start, and a sheet or 2 of overkill.

oh damn, didnt even realize the tint lol. saw you said they were tinted, but didnt see the difference til i actually tried to notice. but i do like the way that looks. yeah, ive been over to lskonceptz. found a few places with instuctions on how to take out the lense a while ago. just havent had the time or determination to do any cosmetic work to my car lol

That means in order to getthe tuning i need, I'll need to go to almost 2.5 cubes. Should still be fine, right?

I'm still doing a lot of reading around here. Who knew there was so much to learn about this stuff?

if u make the box bigger u also have to adjust the port & make it longer to keep the same tuning...

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

One last question. When using the port length calculator on psp-inc's website, they ask for the box volume. I'm assuming they mean net volume after sub displacement, but before port displacement, correct? So, a box 26"w x 14"h x 16"d using 3/4" material is 2.57 cubes. 2.57 - .18(sub displacement) = 2.39 cubes. This 2.39 is the number to use in the "box volume" input, right? Or do I use the entire gross volume before displacement?