Sundown Audio

ok so its a suv, well then you would want to do sub up, port back, the port being 6 tall, 22 wide, and 22 deep this would give you 34 35 hz

that port ^^ after woofer disp. and if its 1 common port wall (along the bottom, port back) will but you at right at 32hz and 10 cubes net

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Imo, I'd go with 6 cubes total after woofer and port displacement. Then I'd probably use either of these 3 combinations for ports, a single flared 10" port, 3 6" flared ports, or 6 4" flared ports. The length of the ports depends on the desired tuning of the box.

In my case I have 4 of the sa12's in 6.5 cubes after displacement with 6 4" aeroports that tune the box to 36hz. It plays very loud and very low too. It peaks in my car around 39-44hz just by the ear since I haven't actually metered the box yet.

Also for your box I would do either the subs up and port to the driver's side, subs up port back, or even subs back and port up. I've tried all 3 of these combinations in my car with different enclosures and the loudest I've scored with is subs up and port to driver's side, but subs back and port up wasn't too far behind.

Good luck and if you need any help just ask.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Imo, I'd go with 6 cubes total after woofer and port displacement. Then I'd probably use either of these 3 combinations for ports, a single flared 10" port, 3 6" flared ports, or 6 4" flared ports. The length of the ports depends on the desired tuning of the box.

In my case I have 4 of the sa12's in 6.5 cubes after displacement with 6 4" aeroports that tune the box to 36hz. It plays very loud and very low too. It peaks in my car around 39-44hz just by the ear since I haven't actually metered the box yet.

Also for your box I would do either the subs up and port to the driver's side, subs up port back, or even subs back and port up. I've tried all 3 of these combinations in my car with different enclosures and the loudest I've scored with is subs up and port to driver's side, but subs back and port up wasn't too far behind.

What I was planning on doing was port up and subs up. So what you are saying is I should put the port up but put it on the driver side?

What I was planning on doing was port up and subs up. So what you are saying is I should put the port up but put it on the driver side?

What I mean by port on the driver's side is putting the port on the actual side of the box meaning the side that's on the driver's side of the car. That would have the subs firing up and the ports firing out the side of the box towards the driver side of the vehicle. I am willing to bet that you'll be louder with either the subs firing back and the ports up or the subs firing up and the ports to the driver's side then you would be with everything firing up.

My first install in my ZX3 with 2 Nightshade 12's was both subs and port firing up. The score it did on the dash was a 145.8 off of 1800 watts. I built a new box with the subs up and ports back and did a 147.8 off the same power. The only other thing I changed other than the way the ports were firing was that I used flared ports instead of a slot port like I did in the first try with the setup.

In your case I'd have to guess that loudest will be the side firing port configuration, but subs back and ports up may just sound better since the woofers have a direct wall to load off of making it so you don't hear some of the mechanical noise that they may make.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

What I mean by port on the driver's side is putting the port on the actual side of the box meaning the side that's on the driver's side of the car. That would have the subs firing up and the ports firing out the side of the box towards the driver side of the vehicle. I am willing to bet that you'll be louder with either the subs firing back and the ports up or the subs firing up and the ports to the driver's side then you would be with everything firing up.

My first install in my ZX3 with 2 Nightshade 12's was both subs and port firing up. The score it did on the dash was a 145.8 off of 1800 watts. I built a new box with the subs up and ports back and did a 147.8 off the same power. The only other thing I changed other than the way the ports were firing was that I used flared ports instead of a slot port like I did in the first try with the setup.

In your case I'd have to guess that loudest will be the side firing port configuration, but subs back and ports up may just sound better since the woofers have a direct wall to load off of making it so you don't hear some of the mechanical noise that they may make.

Okay cool so either way will work good for the setup correct?