Second Skin Audio

Remember Your First Box Build??

my first box build was made out of whatever i could scavange from the neighborhood or the field down the street. Some plywood and an old basketball backboard. Picture a box with multiple types of wood, particle board and whatever else......and a partial red square on the back side lol.

sorry guys, i have no pictures. In my day we didnt have digital camera's........the closest thing was a polaroid and that was for rich folks @ a buck a photo.

ahhhh the memories though!

came a long way since then lol :good:

LOL..... I was 15yrs old in 1987, and built 2 triangle style boxes to put some Pyramid 6x9's in a 1974 Ford Courier truck. I didnt know how to do it at all and the front panels had to be recut as they were about 1 inch too short <_<

I've gotten a Lot better since then

Steven :yahoo:

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

me being a 17 year old in woodshop with nothing to do and 2 old tens that needed to be in something this is what came out. i kinda just measured what looked good and did it so these ports are not tuned to anything they are what they are haha some parts didnt line up and are croked cause some dumbass in another period thought he'd "Help me out" anyways yeah all made outta 3/4 MDF

0407111452.jpg

lifted trucks gorgeous sluts a pretty face and slammin bass

My current Set up

Car less :(

I Do Ported Box designs/cutsheets with 3d google sketchup model just PM

i would really want an in-depth guide

Just flip the fucking thing over

me being a 17 year old in woodshop with nothing to do and 2 old tens that needed to be in something this is what came out. i kinda just measured what looked good and did it so these ports are not tuned to anything they are what they are haha some parts didnt line up and are croked cause some dumbass in another period thought he'd "Help me out" anyways yeah all made outta 3/4 MDF

0407111452.jpg

looks like the rockfords were better!

15"AA havoc, AQ1200d. T3 audio 6.5 2 way componet set on rockford p400.4

At 13 years old with a jig saw and a Dewalt drill i made a box for 2 15'' pyles tuned to 32 hertz, sounded great the lows hit nice! :clapping::yahoo:

Edited by AdamTheAudioMan

UNDER-CONSTRUCTION

''Old School Build''

maybe it sounds like an 18 cause theres 3 fucking "port" holes ghetto drilled in the "box"

190 db when your done?

Yea that's the lowest decibal ill be satisfied with when I'm done like I said its stage one and I lost my job u guys should consider shit instead of just talk it

lmao

Mine was back in the early 90's. I walked my happy ass to Wal-Mart,and bought some pioneer 6 1/2's...with my mowing funds.I made it to my friends house showed him what i bought,and told him i was going to make me a box for them....he told me there was some wood out back help yourself.I get out back and there was only one small sheet of plywood..its been rained on brown kinda nasty looking...lol i pull the 6 1/2's out the box,and lay them on the wood spread them out a lil..i take this pen and think to myself "This looks about right." and start marking my panels.I get everything cut out,and built the box,but on the ends of the box i left a ....i wanna say 2 inch gap at each end for the air to get out ..my idea of ports at the time.It did not sound to bad for no planning...just draw,cut,and build,but i had to put shirts in the gaps to seal it up...it sounded better that way...good times.!!!