Sonic Electronix

So much mis information in this thread.

First, a 12" can play as low as an 18, it's all box dependent. While the DDs can play low, I think a good tuning would be 35.

Second, it won't "sound like shit" on the higher frequencies. It will have a roll off on some o the higher sub sonic frequencies that will make it not be as loud, and install and box determines the frequency response and playability.

Out of those 3 subs, i would choose the 3500.

Any questions just ask. Oh i would do 2.5 cubes tuned at 35 with 40 - 60 square inches of port.

ok thanks, apreciate all the information...would at 35hz do lows?

its just because most of the time i listen to old school rap or Bigpimpins or some Decaf songs...so i want to hear the low notes..thats all

and i ordered the DD3512 i think an hour ago...

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

You should be able to play decade stuff with a 35 hz tune. At least most of it.

Bigpimpins stuff, idk he slows WAYYYY down just be smart with the volume knob and you should be fine. The lowest I'd tune with that sub is 32 hz. You should still be able to play pretty low.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

You should be able to play decade stuff with a 35 hz tune. At least most of it.

Bigpimpins stuff, idk he slows WAYYYY down just be smart with the volume knob and you should be fine. The lowest I'd tune with that sub is 32 hz. You should still be able to play pretty low.

a year ago i had my brothers re audio Se 10 and his box was tuned at 28hz abd bever had aby problems...

but he says that DD are for more spl than SQ, so that their tuning is around 32-40hz...

so...in my inexperience in building a box - which i actually never built one - i think i would tune it just around 35hz....

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

well around 5ft^3 is the max measurement for my build box..

and my trunk space is around 16ft^3

5 cubes is plenty for that dd3512, maybe even a little too much. 3.5 cubes would be pretty good for a 12"

If that is after all displacements, at least he will be able to see a sub with 0 cone control, if it is before sub/port/bracing displacement and ends up 2-2.5cubes net then it will be fine.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

5 cubes is plenty for that dd3512, maybe even a little too much. 3.5 cubes would be pretty good for a 12"

If that is after all displacements, at least he will be able to see a sub with 0 cone control, if it is before sub/port/bracing displacement and ends up 2-2.5cubes net then it will be fine.

what do you mean to see a sub eith 0 cone control?????

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

what do you mean to see a sub with 0 cone control?????

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

My advice to you:

filter out all the unimportant bullshit in this thread, people just like to argue and they will do it wherever they possibly can.

When you get your DD sub build a box that is 3.5 cubic feet, tune the box to 35hz, it will hit the lows your looking for.

Use torres' box calculator (which can be found on the forum in the box section) tool to make your box, just input all the required numbers. (such as subwoofer displacement, which can be found on DD's website)

Buy wood, make box, enjoy.

And if you need an amp, i would recommend a Sundown Audio 2000d

Have fun with your new DD, good subs man!

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

So much mis information in this thread.

First, a 12" can play as low as an 18, it's all box dependent. While the DDs can play low, I think a good tuning would be 35.

Second, it won't "sound like shit" on the higher frequencies. It will have a roll off on some o the higher sub sonic frequencies that will make it not be as loud, and install and box determines the frequency response and playability.

Out of those 3 subs, i would choose the 3500.

Any questions just ask. Oh i would do 2.5 cubes tuned at 35 with 40 - 60 square inches of port.

^^ This guy knows what's up. Listen to him and you're in good hands.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

ill do...

but now i need to find how to upload my vehicle in the garage

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

I'd go with DD all day as long as its in good condition

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.