If they are the new p2's then go for it. The old ones could only take 250 RMS and anymore I found they shit the bed. I had the old style p2's (grey cone) and for the price i got them, and being an entry level sub, they hit hard. Granted I never put full power to them for like 2 years and then when I got my T1000-1BD (1340RMS @ 1ohm and 750 @ 4) I ran them at 4 ohms, kept gains down and they hit way better and cleaner. I found the P2's to be good subs for i guess a starter system. Now the new ones will be even better.

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Alpine CDA-117

2 12" Fi Audio SSD D1

Rockford Fosgate T1000-1BD (1340RMS @ 1 ohm)

Vibe Audio LiteBox Stereo 4

Energy ENC650CV2 Component/Convertible Speakers

Knu Koncept 0 Gauge

Don't get me wrong, Rockford makes great products and killer amp. But you are going to PAY for it. So I steer away from them. Check out Audioque for the amp. You can get double that power for probably half the price. Same with the woofers.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

I was gunnin for this setup for a trunk ported build.

Subs: Rockford P2D4-12 x2

Amp: Rockford P1000-1bd

Any suggestions to maybe a different sub or amp for more bang for the buck or maybe to save a little more well noticeably better?

Thanks in advance!

I didnt know the american prices of the Subs, but think about this amp, also have a look on the models under and above this amp.

Those Subs will take the power easyly and will pound hard. If that around a 100 $ higher than your choice, would be real good worth

for your buck.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Refurbished amp? :nea:

The word "refurbished" just doesn't sound nice to me. I don't want to risk it breaking.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

DB-R does great work, I wouldn't worry about having a problem with it getting it refurbished from them, alot of times they make amps better and more durable than before.

Also another choice for amps is the new Crescendo Audio BC2000's they are shipping out in around 2 weeks and are $279 shipped during the unofficial pre-order if you email them and ask, After that they go up to $299 shipped, they are rated IRRC 2100rms or so at 13.8 volts at 1 ohm.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Refurbished amp? :nea:

The word "refurbished" just doesn't sound nice to me. I don't want to risk it breaking.

dbR and Sundown is well known in the forum, and the 1200 modell is 90-100 cheaper than the RF bd, and you get a 1 year waranty.

Edited by Watch the bass

DB-R does great work, I wouldn't worry about having a problem with it getting it refurbished from them, alot of times they make amps better and more durable than before.

Also another choice for amps is the new Crescendo Audio BC2000's they are shipping out in around 2 weeks and are $279 shipped during the unofficial pre-order if you email them and ask, After that they go up to $299 shipped, they are rated IRRC 2100rms or so at 13.8 volts at 1 ohm.

Sure, otherwise 2 K let dim the light´s quick of std. batt and alt.

Sure, otherwise 2 K let dim the light´s quick of std. batt and alt.

Just tune the gain accordingly for 1200rms or so, or with the money he saves with the BC2000 buy an battery for the trunk.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.