Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Need Help With 2nd Battery Wiring And Fusing…


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey Guys, I Was Just Wondering If This Diagram For The Wiring Of A Second Battery In Your Car Is Correct. My First Question Is Are Both Amps Running Of Both Batteries? Drew A Sketch Of What I Think You’re Supposed To Do. I Might Have A Few Mistakes, So If I Do Please Point Them Out So I Don’t End Up Burning Down My Car, Or Having A Short Somewhere. And One More Thing, Please Tell Me If All The Fuse Ratings Look Correct. Thanks

(PS, All 4 Gauge JL Copper Wire, Not Changing To 1/0 Gauge, Sorry)

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn150/Jmoney2544/?action=view&current=BattDiagram014.jpg

(Click On Pic To Make It Bigger)

Car: 2002 Buick Regal

Wiring: Knu Kolossus 1/0 + JL 4 Gauge

Big 3: Stinger HPM 1/0

Alternator: Stock 135 Amp

Batterys: Optima RedTop (Hood) XS D3100 (Trunk)

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-4200UB

Subs: (2) AQ HDC3 12's

Sub Amp: AQ 2200D

Sub Box: 4.6 Cubes @ 36hz

Mids & Highs: (Front) Rockford Fosgate Power T1693 3-Way 6x9's

Mids & Highs: (Rear ) Rockford Fosgate Power T152S 2-Way Component 5.25"

Speaker Amp: AQ4x90

Sound Dampener : 75 Ft Fatmat

Posted

Hey Guys, I Was Just Wondering If This Diagram For The Wiring Of A Second Battery In Your Car Is Correct. My First Question Is Are Both Amps Running Of Both Batteries? Drew A Sketch Of What I Think You’re Supposed To Do. I Might Have A Few Mistakes, So If I Do Please Point Them Out So I Don’t End Up Burning Down My Car, Or Having A Short Somewhere. And One More Thing, Please Tell Me If All The Fuse Ratings Look Correct. Thanks

(PS, All 4 Gauge JL Copper Wire, Not Changing To 1/0 Gauge, Sorry)

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn150/Jmoney2544/?action=view&current=BattDiagram014.jpg

(Click On Pic To Make It Bigger)

Your pic is right. The amps can pull power from both batteries. You have it drawn out right just make sure you fuse it, and groung it good in the back. Big 3 will halp you out also.

Good Luck

Steven

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

Posted

Your diagram does look correct to me. If possible i would try to run 0awg wire from your front battery to your back battery, but it might not be necessary because its a smaller battery.

EDIT: SORRY, i did not see that you would not switch to 0awg.

AND yes, both bamps will be drawing from both batteries simultaneously.

Also, make sure your ground locations are solid metal for better results.

Welcome to the forum!

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7477 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...