Full Metal Alchemist fans I'm confused and need help

Alright I'm a big Full Metal Alchemist fan and have seen the original 51 episode series quite a few times and the movie too.

Well I have noticed a new series that is out called Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.

I have it downloaded and have watched 2 episodes so far. What I'm confused about is that it seems like a whole different version of Full Metal Alchemist from start to end almost like the original Full Metal Alchemist didn't exist.

Is Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood a reimagination of the whole series and am I supposed to discard everything I learned in the original Full Metal Alchemist when watching the Brotherhood series?

I thought it would be a continuation of the original series but it sure doesn't seem like it.

Someone explain PLEASE? :)

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

google mang

and first answer i found

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Not sure man, I have seen a few episodes on Brotherhood as they have new episodes every saturday on Adult Swim, but I haven't really been able to get into it..... I am more so a Bleach fan, and watch that every Saturday on Adult Swim, and every Tuesday online for the subs....

So I couldn't really tell you, there aren't a alot of animes that I have really gotten into besides Bleach, though I did just order the entire series of Yu Yu Hakusho, that should be here in a few days.....

Someone start an Anime Thread, so we can talk about this stuff.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I really don't know why I didn't try and Google my question.

Thanks man!

Now I understand what is going on. In short it is a remake of the whole series and very closely follows the Manga version of the story.

Captain planetz I think there oughta be a Anime section on here too. I look at us car audio people as something between nerds and cool people and I bet there are alot of us car audio people that are into Anime.

From one of the websites.

"The newer Fullmetal Alchemist, Brotherhood, is not a sequel to the original Fullmetal Alchemist."

Nearly a year after it began airing in Japan (streamed online every week with English subtitles via the FUNimation website mere days later) the dubbed English-language version of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood finally premiered on Cartoon Network at midnight Eastern Standard Time on Saturday, February 13. In contrast to what American viewers might have expected, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is not a sequel to the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime that aired in Cartoon Network's Saturday Adult Swim time slot from 2004-2006. Instead, it is a sort of alternate-universe remake of the first anime that more closely conforms to the way the adventures of the alchemy-wielding teenage Elric brothers have worked out in the still-ongoing manga by Hiromu Arakawa

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

the Brotherhood is a continuing story of FMA

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

the Brotherhood is a continuing story of FMA

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is not a sequel to the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime that aired in Cartoon Network's Saturday Adult Swim time slot from 2004-2006.

Instead, it is a sort of alternate-universe remake of the first anime that more closely conforms to the way the adventures of the alchemy-wielding teenage Elric brothers have worked out in the still-ongoing manga by Hiromu Arakawa.

See I noticed in the first 2 episodes how it was going back over the same story line but it was a different story altogether and I was having a real hard time trying to figure out why everyone that was dead in the first series was all back to life and introducing them selves again like they had never met the 2 brothers.

Terryswork001.png