joker's 99 blazer rebuild page 4, 4th order dc, xs, mechman

Exactly what I need to do to my roof :( I just cant get the damn seat belt bolts off to get the headliner out, I snapped a 1/4 inch steel rod trying to get them undone. Mind if I ask about your trick? :drink40:

Hit the bolts with a hammer a few times then grab torx with a ratchet and use a wrench on the end of ratchet or use a pipe anything over the end of the ratchet and should spin out fairly easy.

tuned in for this build :clapping:

UNDER-CONSTRUCTION

''Old School Build''

maybe it sounds like an 18 cause theres 3 fucking "port" holes ghetto drilled in the "box"

190 db when your done?

Yea that's the lowest decibal ill be satisfied with when I'm done like I said its stage one and I lost my job u guys should consider shit instead of just talk it

lmao

Exactly what I need to do to my roof :( I just cant get the damn seat belt bolts off to get the headliner out, I snapped a 1/4 inch steel rod trying to get them undone. Mind if I ask about your trick? :drink40:
Hit the bolts with a hammer a few times then grab torx with a ratchet and use a wrench on the end of ratchet or use a pipe anything over the end of the ratchet and should spin out fairly easy.

I'm in the process of redoing my 02' Blazer and my blots were also stuck. I tried everything... I hit it with a hammer, I sprayed PB Blaster on it everyday for a week and wouldn't budge, I went under the truck and tried to spin them up with a pair of vice grips, I got fed up after I broke 2 star keys I even used an impact gun with an impact star key and broke the key, So I welded a 3/4" nut to the head cause that star key $hit is garbage and I broke that nut off before I budged it. I had to grind the head off and then blow it out with a torch and then I'm planning on through bolting it when I get to putting it back together. Hope you don't gotta go through what I did. Good Luck.

Sweet now I got some work to do 100sq ft came today..

20110412232246.jpg

Got excited so I opened it to check it out

20110412232915.jpg

Hope to get truck fully done tommorrow pending the weather is good to me. More pics and updates as soon as I get started laying this stuff out

what about box plans? nice progress!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

what about box plans? nice progress!!

Got box planned on computer using torres calculator gunna be right around 10cube tuned to 28 or 29hz . After displacement subs up port up don't remember port size off hand and not near my computer right now.

why port up hommie? Blazers are proven to be louder with port side or port back, just saying :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Won't be any clearance at all on back or sides with box design I have right now. Guess I will look at dimensions and cuts again and see if there is another way to port back or side with 2 level 4 18's while keeping back seat and close to window line.

You wont get a 10 cu ft box in there(unless thats before displacements) with the back seats in and close to the window line Ill tell you that right now hahaha. :pardon: 38" width at the bottom and 45" max width at the top will be able to go over the arches and still be able to fit widthwise. Look at Carnag3s build log or mine to get an idea of what kind of box you would like, you will most likely have to go port on the top, since theres no room what-so-ever from the hatch or to the side with that big of a box. Ive had one firing back before and it sounded like ass and just rattled the hell out of my hatch since there was no room to escape. :drinks:

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

Good luck keeping your box at the window line. My box is 14.2 gross, 10.5 net and is at least 6 inches over the back seat line WITH going over the wheel wells.

And as far as port back in a Blazer, I too ran port back and it wasn't ad loud as my current port up setup.

Little advice before you do the rest of the deadener

2000 Blazer 4dr

-24" Boss 330s

-Lowered 2/3

-5000k Hids w Projector Retro

-Candy tails

-LED interior lighting

-20% tint 35% windshield

-Alpine 9886 HU

-RF P1462 Dash

-RF P1652 Front

-RF P1652 Rear