Second Skin Audio

4th order blowthru opinions

So I'm still throwing around ideas for my 4th order blowthru enclosure. Just figured I would throw this picture up I did on Sketchup to see what you all think.

Blowthrudesign.jpg

How would a design like this work(assuming the specs are correct).

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

would be better to do a V style

fdsf-1.jpg

Edited by uhoh_45

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

It all depends on the ratio ported to sealed but from what u know about 4ths and seeing as that I am currently building one my self it would be better to have the subs facing forward not up just my .02

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Yeah I would rather them face forward as well, however the max height of my bed is 16 inches FTL. Sanitarium designed one for me with the subs angled to fit, but thats a lot more work to build.

whorethorderblowthroughjob4.jpg

Here is the one Sanitarium designed for me. Just trying to make the build a little easier!

Edited by Jbabycsx

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

ewwww

That is all

4th order, yes. subs facing up, no.

I looked for you in the chatroom to get your opinion but you werent there. I then turned to the masses lol

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

4th orders aren't easy they aren't for the novice if you don't want to put in the effort to make one that is worth it (sounds good) then I would just stick to a simple ported design the one sani did for you would be sick

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

4th orders aren't easy they aren't for the novice if you don't want to put in the effort to make one that is worth it (sounds good) then I would just stick to a simple ported design the one sani did for you would be sick

Thats why I asked for opinions! I'm not willing to sacrifice quality for ease of construction. I just didnt know how the two would compare. Now I know and will stick with Sani's design. :drinks: Thanks for the input.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

No problem man just remember 99% of the time if you put your heat and soul into it you will be rewarded with the results if you just throw together some wood and speakers that's how it's going to sound you get what you put in sometimes 10fold

lol. those angles aren't hard. draw it out on a board, work your angle out from there.

I actually did that with my last box. drew it out. then held the saw up to it and angled the blade to match the angle i drew.. . i know i cheat.