Sonic Electronix

I just managed to get my friend two new Kicker CVR 12's @ $50 and a Memphis 250.1 (does about 400 rated @ 2ohm) so these things will be seeing about HALF power, I'm not looking for anything low anywhere between 35-40hz is fine. Problem is the truck is an OLD Chevrolet and the dimensions are small:

48w x 15h x 9 top depth x 12 bottom depth (that'll put it behind his seat PERFECT, ONLY way to do it :-/) I tried doing a box in the calculator to no avail I need help BADLY. It CAN be sealed that's not a problem but if ported is doable that'd be preferable. He ran a 10" XPLOD off some random 2 channel sealed and hit decent, I figured hed be happy eigther way since this will be a lot louder. I just need to be able to fit them behind his small ass seat. I could use Aero flares as well if needed and point them up towards the roof or to the side.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

whats the width? I'm im assuming thats port to the left side of the box? Do you think the depth of the box will be enough for these woofers? I know my 18" is 9" deep im assuming these 12's are probably like 7-8" So i'm hoping they'll fit.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

come on man thats a perfect looking box but I need to know port width lol cause im not getting no 36hz more like 30hz cause the box isnt deep enough for a 9" port to get 36hz

Edited by Sammitch0

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Assuming external dimensions, I work it out to be 3.25cuft before displacement, using 0.75inch MDF

I'd do two 4inch ports, each 12inches long, for about 40Hz tuning.

edit: or a single 6inch port.

the proposed design above by "Sanitarim" appears to have a lot of port area? 3.5inches high, and the entire depth of the box (10.5inches at the bottom and around 10inches at the top?)

the port would displace a whole heap of volume, and being 24inches long would probably result in the box being 2.5cuft tuned to 50Hz or so.

Edited by TheyDontWantMusic

i said use full dimensions you gave, which would give the port a width of 10.5 at it's very bottom and just a hair under 10 at it's top. averaged at 10 wide.. i have no idea how you came up with 30 hz.

Edit: ps that was a drawing i did for 2 10, i just used it for reference along with your measurements.

Edited by Sanitarium

i said use full dimensions you gave, which would give the port a width of 10.5 at it's very bottom and just a hair under 10 at it's top. averaged at 10 wide.. i have no idea how you came up with 30 hz.

Edit: ps that was a drawing i did for 2 10, i just used it for reference along with your measurements.

I don't know how you came up with 36Hz :shrug:

the box is too small for that much port area.

edit: I retract my previous statement, it will in fact be tuned to around 36Hz, I have no idea how I came up with 50Hz, sorry :P

but, I would still be inclined to use a single 6inch round port so as not to displace as much box volume, and also tune it higher as the box is fairly small.

Edited by TheyDontWantMusic