Sonic Electronix

Brand new to the sight. I have been doing car audio professionally for 6 years now and unfortunately havent had the opportunity to do a blow though. So i need some help with my 04 silverado extended cab. I want to put 4 Rockford T1 10s in it. I would like the cut out to be about the size of the face of the box. Any ideas and some direction on how to go about would be great! Thanks in advance!

Brand new to the sight. I have been doing car audio professionally for 6 years now and unfortunately havent had the opportunity to do a blow though. So i need some help with my 04 silverado extended cab. I want to put 4 Rockford T1 10s in it. I would like the cut out to be about the size of the face of the box. Any ideas and some direction on how to go about would be great! Thanks in advance!

when I did my blow through I just used an angle grinder and cutoff wheels. don't make the corners 90 degrees. do rounded corners so the boot has a good seal. its hard to get it to bend and seal at a 90. Id say just cut the whole as big as you can while still keeping structural integrity. use some epoxy sealer in the joins for a water and air tight seal, and you should be good to go.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

umm theres a few good threads about this already ide link them to u but my phones dumb. measure 400 times and cut once!! lol also if u do a blow through moderate to serious offroading is out of the question without alot of bed to cab bracing. also. what kinda box u doing? 6th order would be sickkk!

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

Man you guys are quick! I appreciate it. Ugpbmx thanks for the advice i will round the corners.RickyA thanks for the heads up on the offroading. Lol. I threw that out the window with the 26s. lol. I wasnt sure on the box design. Im not very knowledgeable on the 6th order and 4th order stuff. Im a dumbass when it comes to that stuff. I guess that was another question i had. My thought was to make the cutout almost as big as the face of the box. make a ported box with the subs and port on the face of the enclosure. Im just not sure on how to port it into the truck. i wanna be able to see the subs from inside the truck and dont mind a bigger cutout. Ive seen people put the box in the bed and build like a large "port" onto the front of the box that slides through the opening in the cab. I would think that would cause some sort of unwanted noise.

Man you guys are quick! I appreciate it. Ugpbmx thanks for the advice i will round the corners.RickyA thanks for the heads up on the offroading. Lol. I threw that out the window with the 26s. lol. I wasnt sure on the box design. Im not very knowledgeable on the 6th order and 4th order stuff. Im a dumbass when it comes to that stuff. I guess that was another question i had. My thought was to make the cutout almost as big as the face of the box. make a ported box with the subs and port on the face of the enclosure. Im just not sure on how to port it into the truck. i wanna be able to see the subs from inside the truck and dont mind a bigger cutout. Ive seen people put the box in the bed and build like a large "port" onto the front of the box that slides through the opening in the cab. I would think that would cause some sort of unwanted noise.

no problem man. some people cut the hole just big enough fo rthe port to come through when doing a 6th order. with mine I made my cutout pretty much as big as the face of my box. If anything the hole will act as another port that can be tuned. I would post a pic if potobucket wasnt down.

MY TRUCK BUILD - 1976 F-100 Ranger. Fully built 482 big block, 4 DC lvl4 15's in a blowthrough, plenty of custom fabrication.

MY HATCH BUILD - 1993 Honda Civic DX Hatchback . Clean daily driver, dropped, subtle customization.

teamxa2-1.jpg

Cool. I think i would rather do it similar to ur way. I am just having a little trouble believing that the acordian boot wont let any sound escape. Or will it? If i make my cutout as big as the box face,bolt the box to the bed pushed up snug to the front of the bed,put the boot in and seal it properly, is this the best scenario for what im looking for? thanks and sorry for the dumb questions.

Cool. I think i would rather do it similar to ur way. I am just having a little trouble believing that the acordian boot wont let any sound escape. Or will it? If i make my cutout as big as the box face,bolt the box to the bed pushed up snug to the front of the bed,put the boot in and seal it properly, is this the best scenario for what im looking for? thanks and sorry for the dumb questions.

if you seal the boot properly then nothing should ge in our out. the only thing you have to do is seal the box off from the bed totally. get the box as close to the cut out as possible and bolt it down. some people use expanding foam to seal it off from the bed. I used sound deadener to seal my box off. on the outside of the box on the top and sides. then on the inside on the bottom of the box. just any way you can seal it off from the bed.

teamxa2-1.jpg

Awesome! Thanks for the help i really appreciate it.

yea no problem. once photobucket is back up, feel free to go through my build log. it may help understand some of the things i was saying.

teamxa2-1.jpg