Sonic Electronix

should all of the 3 magnets be aligned perfectly or is it ok if they are slightly off like maybe 1 or 2 pieces of paper width

this pic makes it look worse then it is

33msq4o.jpg

but when i look in between the gap it doesnt apear as though the coil would touch anything everything inside the gap looks like it would be ok. but im not sure id get a pic but i cant really get one of the gap. im starting to freak cause idk if im gona be able to use this motor the guy i bought them from on caco had good itrader feedback and never said anything about one being shifted i just paid 90 for 2 se motors someone please help.

Edited by hifonics10

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Thats fine. as long as there is no Voice coil rub your fine. Did it fall?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Club 150 (15x.x)

Youtube

Future Build:

1x 15" T3 TSNS

2x Sundown Audio SAZ3000d Parellel strapped

no thats how it was shipped to me ive been bugging since i seen a thread with the re mt motors that were shifted seen that and was like awww nah. so my motor is still useable and that shouldnt effect its performance at all?

i havnt ordered recones yet i was just bugging thinking i was gona spend 160 and still not be able to use this bish

heres a better pic still makes it look worse then it is its almost have the tip of this black click bic pen sorry if that sounds dumb but i was trying to find somthing most people have to use as a refernce

1zykkf5.jpg

Edited by hifonics10

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

I just bought some Soundstream SPL160 motors from CACO, and dude said they were good, but he shipped them in a flat rate box, both motors, one box, and nothing but newspaper for packing. I received both motors shifted. Iam hella pissed about it, Iam seeing how dude takes care of this though.

On your motors, the gap is pretty big, if it shifted, you would see a obvious issue with the top plate to much to one side, or the magnets really off center

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

these were wraped in bubble wrap and had styrofoam all around it. if it was shifted and unusable i should be able to look in the gap and notice right? it should be pretty obvious shouldnt it? in looking inside the gap everything looks alright to me but idk :( i wish i could get a better pic

yeah, its just the gap, if you can slide a coil in and out freely with about 0.015 on the inside, and out you should be good.

Sometimes when motors are assembled they are glued together with instant glue, well, takes about 10-20 seconds and if they are not held in place strait by then, the magnet will seem a little off center. Also there is casting variances too, magnets can be slightly oblong and not match the other magnets perfectly

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

k i need you guys to do ur best to try and understand what im saying here not the middle part wich is the slug? right but i can take a tooth pick and slid it in and out pressed firm against the outside radias of the slug? if that makes sence the place where it would hit if it was shifted but i can do that up and down threw out the gab and i dont hit anything

and my other motor i got from the guy is nice and smooth not like this one.

Edited by hifonics10

when a motor shifts, a motor like that will pull with about 250lbs of force. So VARY rarely does a motor almost shift, and stop halfway through, it fully shifts.

I have seen magnets shift while charging them at my old job, and it can be pretty dramatic, the whole woofer assembly could jump about 6"

I was charging a motor like this once, and right in front of me, the top assembly, top plate frame, and soft parts jumped up away from the magnets, and got stuck on to the ferrite in a 90deg angle. Ferrite exploded and got everywhere

So, even though that magnet may have a slight gap in it due to a glue clump, possible from being shifted before, and fixed, or weather its just a ferrite defect, the main problem will be if the top plate get sucked over to the pole piece

^ serious run on sentence's, dont talk sht lol

sundown.jpg

when a motor shifts, a motor like that will pull with about 250lbs of force. So VARY rarely does a motor almost shift, and stop halfway through, it fully shifts.

I have seen magnets shift while charging them at my old job, and it can be pretty dramatic, the whole woofer assembly could jump about 6"

I was charging a motor like this once, and right in front of me, the top assembly, top plate frame, and soft parts jumped up away from the magnets, and got stuck on to the ferrite in a 90deg angle. Ferrite exploded and got everywhere

So, even though that magnet may have a slight gap in it due to a glue clump, possible from being shifted before, and fixed, or weather its just a ferrite defect, the main problem will be if the top plate get sucked over to the pole piece

^ serious run on sentence's, dont talk sht lol

i dont think that happend then so it looks like i should be good :) and run on sentences are ok i cant spell for shit.

lol.. ok

and actually that 250lbs of pull is actually underrated, there could be up to 750lbs of pull depending on the magnet, and steel

sundown.jpg