Second Skin Audio

2 more days

For those subs, it wouldn't hurt to do a double baffle. Cut two baffles, spread the wood glue evenly between the two, then either clam them together or put a few cinder blocks on top and let dry for 12 hours or so. I'm not so sure you'd hear a difference, but when you upgrade you can use the same enclosure...

The only problem is, the only upgrade you can do would be to other JL subs, W6v3's or w7's.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

DD's is right. Glue is what does the work. The clamps take the place of screws basically. Just holding the piece while the glue dries. I use an air nailer and the clamps. Nails are alot easier to conceal with putty than a screw head.

I just remove the screws then putty up the holes. You can reuse screws, but then again, nail guns are fun :drinks:

2007 Pacifica

For those subs, it wouldn't hurt to do a double baffle. Cut two baffles, spread the wood glue evenly between the two, then either clam them together or put a few cinder blocks on top and let dry for 12 hours or so. I'm not so sure you'd hear a difference, but when you upgrade you can use the same enclosure...

The only problem is, the only upgrade you can do would be to other JL subs, W6v3's or w7's.

so the sub would mount flush if i did this correct? also what tool would i need to draw the circle on the wood that i would need to cut out anyways? and would i find out the measurements of the hole from the jl site?

Hibatch

6.5 infinity components

6x9 infinity coax

infinity 611a amp

2 13" JL w3's ported

Big 3

For just drawing the circle, all you need is a piece of string 1/2 the mounting diameter of the sub, and a pencil.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

For just drawing the circle, all you need is a piece of string 1/2 the mounting diameter of the sub, and a pencil.

ok cool, i dont have a camera so ill take pics on my evo and upload them once im done. hopefully this box comes out sounding good and my subs will be able to hit some lows. if not i may have to break down and have the shop build me one.

Hibatch

6.5 infinity components

6x9 infinity coax

infinity 611a amp

2 13" JL w3's ported

Big 3

so the sub would mount flush if i did this correct? also what tool would i need to draw the circle on the wood that i would need to cut out anyways? and would i find out the measurements of the hole from the jl site?

If you cut the holes separately, and make the hole on the top piece just slightly larger than the diameter of the sub, then you'll get a flush mount. You take away a bit of the strength of the baffle doing this, however. It's kinda detracts from the point of going double baffle.

I have always cut my holes with a jigsaw, measuring using the nail/string/pencil method Mr. DD stated, however for those who must have the "right tool" for the job, a plunge router, a jasper jig and upcut bits are popular.

If you go to JL's site, on the left, find your sub and there is a link to the owners manual. You will find all the dimensions you need there.

Edit: Corrected shitty grammar. Well, the shitty grammar I was able to catch, anyways.

Edited by srp365

2007 Pacifica