In search of the right SQ sub

S15_Silvia

You do know sq and 1 ohm don't mix right?

Care to elaborate? I'd like to learn. How does a certain resistance affect quality?

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

higher ohm load means more dampening, and run the 2500 sealed ;) it specs perfect for it. DD's are some of my favorite sq subs much easier to get to play flat than most

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I am really interested in the 2500 actually. I'm not sure what the sub channel of my particular Power 1000 does at 2 or 4 ohms, but would it be a much better idea to run it at one of those impedances than at 1 ohm? It's kind of a bummer that I wouldn't be getting the 933RMS it does at 1. (I know that info from Matt14, who sold me the amp)

My feedback thread

If by 100% you mean compete, then hell no. I just like when something sounds amazing to me. Got some Sennheiser headphones, an ASUS Xonar sound card in my computer, I can spend hours tweaking EQs until I like it, etc.

My feedback thread

real sq you will have over 1k in deadening easy I doubt your going to do that lol. the difference in deadening alone will make the 4vs1ohm difference negligible

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Haha you're definitely right about that. Just gonna start with one layer of DAmplifier Pro on the roof, doors, trunk, and the trunk panel under the rear window. If things rattle, I'll know it's time for more.

1 ohm it is then, but here's a stupid question. Do sealed boxes experience rise like ported ones? Scrub status question, but again, I'd like to learn what I can before diving in. pardon.gif

My feedback thread

Ah gotcha. I talked to the DD rep about picking up a 2512 with a carbon dustcap; he named a decent price, and I think that's what I'm gonna go with then. This will put two of the most major components of the system on the 'bought' list...

fi Q is the way to go. how could you turn down hand built in the usa?

DDs are engineered and assembled here as well. I looked at the Q, but I've always had a craving to run some DD equipment. I have nothing against Fi at all, but there also seem to be all kinds of people running them- I wanna do something a little different, and a sealed DD sub would definitely be that.

My feedback thread

Archived