Bassinblazer going to make his blazer bass

Alright guys, I have been watching Steve's videos on youtube for the last several months. Patiently waiting, planning, and waiting some more for my tax return to roll around because we all know, you can't build a dang thing without the finances to back it up. Well, the time has come. I got my income tax check, and though I can't spend all of it on a system, god only knows I could, I am planning on doing a quality budget sound system, but a complete one non the less. My plans are to just amp the JL 6.5 door speakers I already have that are currently not amp'd. I have a Kenwood Excelon head unit with some pretty good adjustability so I am going to stick with that as well. Mainly I am looking at an alt upgrade, an extra batt, 2 amps, and 2 12" subs. My main goal overall is sound quality. But I would love to be able to push some beats while cruising around town. I don't have pics of my truck as of right now, because it looks like butt. I will try to post up some this weekend. Need to get her cleaned up a little bit, get the car seats out, clean the trash out.

My plan is as follows:

Truck:

1999 Chevrolet Blazer 4 door 4x4 4.3L V6

The Planned equipment

Rockford T1000-bdCP Amp for the subs

2 12" Rockford P3s

Rockford T400-4 for the JL door speakers(may have to swap those for something RF)

DC Alternator

Big 3 Upgrade

Kinetic HC 2400

And hopefully I am going to build a nice custom box, but if I run low on funds, it may have to just go in a pre fabbed box

You guys have no idea how long I have been waiting to do this, and how stoked I am to be able to post this up that I am finally going to be doing this. Like I said, I am a huge SMD fan, and a huge RF fan. It just seemed to make sense.

Keep bumpin, will post pics soon!

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

I need a new amp! Sell me your amp!

Okay plans have changed substantially. My budget is not near what it was going to be. My truck is having a few issues. Overheating and such. Even with a brand new water pump and thermo it is still overheating. So, once I get this thing fixed, it is going to have taken some of my budget. Which is why, I have changed up my selection a little bit. I wanted to do something will some good quality and good sound at the same time. I really wish I had the money for the all RF system, but I just don't have the finances right now. Anyway, this is what it is looking like now. Until I change my mind again!

Kicker 10ZX1000 Amp for subs(possibly 2 if I need it)

4 RF P310D4s

Kicker 10ZX650.4 4 channel amp for mids and highs

Plan on doing a somewhat stacked style box or mini wall in the back of my blazer, if not a lay down (steve meade style) box. These subs don't need many cubes, and that gives me a little bit of flexability as to what type/style/design of box I am going to use. Whatever is it though, it is going to be custom, as I am building all this, and it should sounds pretty good.

DC alt is still on the list as well.

This is how I am wiring the subs.Wiring to 2 ohm load

Edited by bassinblazer

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

Okay, first thing on the list is to clean out my truck and make up my damn mind about my amp and subs. I am getting a pretty good deal on some DC level 2 12's and going with the AQd2200 amp. First thing on my list is to really clean up my truck and get it in some sort of picture worthy shape, because right now, it is embarrassing. Hopefully I will have some time to do this tomorrow at some point. I have some time to kill while waiting for my cash flow to come together, and with kids, a wife, and a holiday coming up I am insanely busy. I am going to try to squeak the cash to buy MDF and start planning my box. I am designing and putting it together, I have a friend with the proper woodworking tools to do all the cutting so he will be helping me out. I need to find space to put an extra battery....I already removed my spare tire in anticipation of building a rack underneath my truck....But that is a lot of fab work, and I don't have a lift. Guess we will see.

So as of right now, here is the semi finished list of stuff to buy:

2-DC level 3 12s

1-AQ2200D

1-DC power Alt 250 HP series

1-Kinetic HC2100

2-sheets of 3/4" MDF and a buttload of power/ground wire and some misc odds and ends stuff.

I still have to get my big 3 done, but I want to wait til after I get some stuff ordered to do that. If I start on it, I won't want to stop. But if I get too much stuff piled up I will want to throw it together and do it half assed, so I am going to find the happy medium and go with it. Going to start with the big 3, then a battery, and then I will upgrade the ALT once I see how the voltage game is playing out. If I don't need that much alt, I am not going to go that big, because at 469.00 it is quite the investment when I may be able to get away with something in the 250.00 to 300.00 category.

I will post pics once the truck is clean. Sorry this is going to take a little while guys, but I promise it will be worth it. I am not going for SPL or anything, it is just my daily driver. I am known in my area for always having a loud stereo, and as of recent(the last 8 months) I haven't had one, so it is time to do it right.

I fried 6 pairs of subs with my last amp, because I just turned the gain up a little tooo high. Cheap amp with dirty power, and uber distortion....well you guess....no wonder I fried all those subs. Good thing I got them all at the shop I used to work at for DIRT cheap....otherwise I would have stopped a long time ago.

Anyway, sorry for the length and lack of content. I work 2nd shift, and really only get on the comp at night. Will try to have pics up this week sometime.

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

Not yet, my truck looks like arse and is has been raining here like constantly...and I have to find a way to upload them while I am at work...Ha, a bit of a problem. I am waiting on my tax return, should be here in the next several days....Don't worry...It WILL be worth it....well to me anyway, hopefully it is to you guys too.

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

Awaiting pics.

I assume you have the 4.3 liter v6? Look under the resivour for the coolant in the cap. Is there oil there?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Still no pics of the truck yet, but this is what I am thinking my box is going to look like...If I can get the link to work!

c813cd19-3f52-4c6d-bf70-d0afbd299977.png

261827c6-bb7f-43e8-bd3e-e7f494176093.png

Specs:

30wx27.25dx20h

3.0 cubes

35Hz

Approximate weight is like 98 pounds or something crazy like that...

Edited by bassinblazer

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

Awaiting pics.

I assume you have the 4.3 liter v6? Look under the resivour for the coolant in the cap. Is there oil there?

Yes I have the 4.3L V6...And not there is not oil in my coolant, nor is there coolant in my oil....that I know of....I think the cooling system needs flushed because the coolant that came out was all rusty and stained the whole front of my engine. I need to take this thing and get it cleaned up before pics. I am debating doing door pods now too for my JL audio Comps that I already have installed.

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]