Sonic Electronix

i fail, you want it to load as 4 ohms... then wire it to load 8 ohms... whats the rms at 8 ohms..? or just buy a pair of 4 ohm subs instead, but if you don't have an amp, then get a smaller amp but if you're gonna upgrade in the future, then get that amp and keep the gain down

Edited by speedball1978

Reading > me

Yea I didn't see the 's on the 15.

It's okay, we all make stupid mistakes. :drinks:

Hang on, if I'm reading this right, you have more than one 15? As in 2 x dual 2 ohm 15" subwoofers? In that case, you can only wire to 1/2 ohm, 2 ohms, or 8 ohms.

shit for real? yea i have 2 15's right now. god damn lol, i need an amp that does 1800+Rms@ 2 ohm from audio savings and this seems best bet. but im not gonna put them at 2 ohms, they wont take 3600rms lol

Well, unfortunately 2 ohms is the most logical idea in car audio. Either that, or possibly 1 ohm to each subwoofer on their own amplifier? Maybe someone can give more of an insight on an amp that will fit the bill.

POTATO!

Hang on, if I'm reading this right, you have more than one 15? As in 2 x dual 2 ohm 15" subwoofers? In that case, you can only wire to 1/2 ohm, 2 ohms, or 8 ohms.

shit for real? yea i have 2 15's right now. god damn lol, i need an amp that does 1800+Rms@ 2 ohm from audio savings and this seems best bet. but im not gonna put them at 2 ohms they wont take 3600rms lol

I'm confused by these statements for the first on do you mean 4 ohms?

As for for a good 2 ohm amp http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_26139_Rockford-Fosgate-T1500-1bdCP-2010-Model.html

you win some, you lose some

im looking at buying a MA Audio Hk4000D ( 1800@4 ohm, 3600@2ohm )

helps me out if... ( when ) i wall out my truck with 4 re sx's :D

you have two dual 2ohm subs.

you can wire them at 2ohm total, for a potential 3600watts.

the subs won't simply fail because they're being run off an amp that can do more power, thats what the gain control is for.