2nd battery question

Should the 2nd battery in the back be as close to Amp/AH as the front battery or does it matter?

I have a optima yellow top up front and i wanted to run a XS D1200 in the back. (I will have around 3000 watts) Or should i get a bigger battery in the back like a D2400 or D3100? or 2 D1200? Shit yeah im confused ;)

Buy the biggest one that fits your budget.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Buy the biggest one that fits your budget.

Alright so If i rock 2 3400's in the back i don't have to get a isolator or anything? just straight 0 awg to the back? If i got 2.. would i have to run 2 positive and 2 negative 0 awg to the back? 1 for each battery? Or should i just run 1 set and wire and then just wire the batteries in the back together?

don't use an isolator, that puts more resistance on your charging system, if you get 2, 1 run of positve and negative will do just fine.. you're only running 3000 watts which in turn is going to be roughly 300 amps... a single 1/0 run can do 300 amps.. but again multiple runs are fine regardless. Just make sure you fuse each wire 300 amps at the front battery and the rear batteries

don't use an isolator, that puts more resistance on your charging system, if you get 2, 1 run of positve and negative will do just fine.. you're only running 3000 watts which in turn is going to be roughly 300 amps... a single 1/0 run can do 300 amps.. but again multiple runs are fine regardless. Just make sure you fuse each wire 300 amps at the front battery and the rear batteries

Good stuff. Do you also have to fuse in between the 2 back batteries?

i did, but you don't entirely have to.. some people have fused 12 inches from the front battery and then fused the amp.. but its your choice in reality

Awesome, thanks for the help.

Archived