DC Sound Lab

i will be building in june, have been aquiring everything during deployment

nice!

sorry to get off topic. military? what branch?

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

Yes, just like that, just make sure you go all the way around the pipe if you brace it around the pipe, or go all the way around the flare so you can secure it all the way around, an make sure to round the top so your port bracing has minimal interference with moving air.

I feel if i use the semi circle method in my 3rd example and secure the inner flare with screws to it, it would allowed the least air flow turbulence and displacement. While fully securing it.

i will be building in june, have been aquiring everything during deployment

nice!

sorry to get off topic. military? what branch?

USAF I am besically a diesel engine mechanic, electrician, and hvac all in one

you win some, you lose some

I prefer to run the brace parallel to the port. Think of the air movement within the box and try and not make excess perpendicular obstructions. By placing the port like you are it is creating another loading surface. Think about it the air is coming back from the subs and bouncing off the back wall and hopeful into the port but you will be adding an obstruction 7" by the height of the port brace which could cause reflections. Just an idea of critical thinking it may or may not affect the box but I try and keep things inside as simple as possible,

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

I prefer to run the brace parallel to the port. Think of the air movement within the box and try and not make excess perpendicular obstructions. By placing the port like you are it is creating another loading surface. Think about it the air is coming back from the subs and bouncing off the back wall and hopeful into the port but you will be adding an obstruction 7" by the height of the port brace which could cause reflections. Just an idea of critical thinking it may or may not affect the box but I try and keep things inside as simple as possible,

My depth bracing is parrell to the port and there is no way to do height bracing with out going perpendicular to the port with ports forward like this

you win some, you lose some