Wiring 2nd battery to amp

If i have 300amp fuses in the front going to the back. What size fuse would i add From the back battery to the amps? or do i even need a fuse? They are 2 Rockford T1000bd amps and 1 Rockford T600.2 chan. (they had a fuse rating of 150amp so does that mean i fuse the wire at 150amp? )

You could fuse them to be on the safe side, but I would think as long as you have a fuse between your alt and your batts then you should be fine, because that is where the power surges come from and that is where you could potentially have the most issues. With that much money invested though, you might want to run one just to be on the safe side. I would probably run at least a 100amp fuse.

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

I need a new amp! Sell me your amp!

You could fuse them to be on the safe side, but I would think as long as you have a fuse between your alt and your batts then you should be fine, because that is where the power surges come from and that is where you could potentially have the most issues. With that much money invested though, you might want to run one just to be on the safe side. I would probably run at least a 100amp fuse.

wrong .. you need to fuse each amp from the 2nd battery, you have 2 amps that require 150 amps, so thats 2x150, then the smaller amp i guess requires 80 to 100, so you would have 3 fuses altogether..

wrong .. you need to fuse each amp from the 2nd battery, you have 2 amps that require 150 amps, so thats 2x150, then the smaller amp i guess requires 80 to 100, so you would have 3 fuses altogether..

Thx dude. I knew i wanted the fuses.. i just didnt know if they had to be 300amp like the others.

No fuse = sure way to burn your car down..

Yea what he said....You don't want to be that guy....who posts pictures of his car burned to the ground. I had a friend do that because he didn't listen to me, and his power wire melted, catching his carpet on fire, which resulting in awesome flames, and a dead cavalier...

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

I need a new amp! Sell me your amp!

Archived