DC Sound Lab

aq 3500d1 on xl 18!!!

I have now acquired 4-audioque 3500d1 amps and wondering what to do with my subs.Its time for a recone on my 4-xl 18" subs and is there something i can add to make them hold up to the power besides going to level fives or sixes.I have already installed the amps and now its time for recones.

2001 Southern Comfort Suburban sittin on 26"s

Eclipse 6620 double din head unit (2004 dash mod)

4-AQ 3500D amps @1 ohm

8-Cadence 6.5 midbass 4- in each door.

Image Dynamics Cd 1 pro HLCD

4-runs of KnuKoncepts 1/0 power wire

4-DC AUDIO lvl 4 xl 18"s in a wall

2-MECHMAN 270 AMP alternators(2 more on the way)xs power VCM

7-Deka intimidator group 31 batts(soon to be Xs power)

2-Rockford Fosgate Prime r300.4(1 bridged on mids, 2nd on CD1 horns and rear door speakers)

1-Rockford Fosgate 360.2(operated by Palm tungsten T5)My link

I see the alts in your sig but I don't still don't see enough electrical for 4 3500's for that power draw. Each of those amps can draw in excess of 250 amps x 4 = 1000 At that consumption rate it is highly doubtful your not clipping. No matter what options you chosse for the woofers your still going to dammage them if you don't finish up your electrical you have a good start but no where complete.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

I see the alts in your sig but I don't still don't see enough electrical for 4 3500's for that power draw. Each of those amps can draw in excess of 250 amps x 4 = 1000 At that consumption rate it is highly doubtful your not clipping. No matter what options you chosse for the woofers your still going to dammage them if you don't finish up your electrical you have a good start but no where complete.

Thanks for your response.I am taking care of the electrical now.I already have six deka group31 batteries now but I am collecting(can't afford to get them at the same time) xs power batteries and adding 2-more alternators.Sorry I did not mention that but I already knew about the electrical upgrades thats why i did not mention that,I just wanted to ask the question early enough to get answers before I decide on subs.

2001 Southern Comfort Suburban sittin on 26"s

Eclipse 6620 double din head unit (2004 dash mod)

4-AQ 3500D amps @1 ohm

8-Cadence 6.5 midbass 4- in each door.

Image Dynamics Cd 1 pro HLCD

4-runs of KnuKoncepts 1/0 power wire

4-DC AUDIO lvl 4 xl 18"s in a wall

2-MECHMAN 270 AMP alternators(2 more on the way)xs power VCM

7-Deka intimidator group 31 batts(soon to be Xs power)

2-Rockford Fosgate Prime r300.4(1 bridged on mids, 2nd on CD1 horns and rear door speakers)

1-Rockford Fosgate 360.2(operated by Palm tungsten T5)My link

If you want to run the ragged edge dual .7 and run then at .35 before rise. But what are your goals? My bro dc98hoe runs 12k clamped to his 4. If I were you I'd pm him and ask.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising