Second Skin Audio

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this questions but heres the thing i want to setup my box for a DC 18 D1 to where i can change ohms without taken the sub out of the box for 2 ohm i would need a jumper that goes from one side POS other side NEG then rest to amp for half ohm i would need 2 jumpers NEG to NEG then POS to POS then from one side of coils to amp any idea if i can even set mine up to do that without taken out the sub? my goal is to use 2 ohm for daily then half for bass comps (yes i have a o scope) to retune everything the safe way

Edited by darksoul187

2009 Malibu LTZHead Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300DVDSubs - 2 DC Audio m2 XL 15'sAmplifier - DC 5kWire - KnukonceptzAlternator - OhioGenBatteries - 2 XS Power 3100's, 1 d4700

Are you looking to use bolts as your speaker terminals? So you can swap wires around without taking the sub out?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

yeah that was the plan just wasnt sure on how to setup the sub to be able to do that

Run 4 bolts(make sure to label them + and -) and run individual wires to each bolt, from each terminal. so if you want a 2 ohm load use a jumper to connect the positive and negative terminal bolts, and the other set run normal to the amp, or if you want .5 ohm jump both the positives together and both the negatives together and run wire from the terminal's like normal.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

so let me make sure i have this right. each coil is going to be ran to each of the 4 bolts then just jump the bolts to whatever ohm i want to run?

2009 Malibu LTZHead Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300DVDSubs - 2 DC Audio m2 XL 15'sAmplifier - DC 5kWire - KnukonceptzAlternator - OhioGenBatteries - 2 XS Power 3100's, 1 d4700

That's it

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

great thanks a lot guys for your help this will make things a lot nicer 18 aint so easy to get out of a cobalt by yourself ha!

You ain't kidding...lol. use to take me about 20 minutes to unload change ohm then load back in on lvl5...now about 2 minutes...lol

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Haha yeah I bet first time doing that just wasn't sure in how to make it work yeah lvl5 heavy but worth it glad I can make it work

er, each terminal connector goes to a bolt, not each coil going to all 4.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.