my knowledge on hid's is limited, but i do know that the 55w hids wash out the color a little bit, but i dont think it washes it out enough to make a 55w 10k look like a 35w 8k. if i remember correctly ddm tuning has a color chart for their 55w bulbs on the site.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

my knowledge on hid's is limited, but i do know that the 55w hids wash out the color a little bit, but i dont think it washes it out enough to make a 55w 10k look like a 35w 8k. if i remember correctly ddm tuning has a color chart for their 55w bulbs on the site.

well im lookin at the chart and im thinking about a 6k will that produce me a nice white color? and also do i need the hid wiring harness?

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

well im lookin at the chart and im thinking about a 6k will that produce me a nice white color? and also do i need the hid wiring harness?

The 6k will have a slight blue tint to it, but nothing like the 8k and higher blues. Also, if you're looking for a super bright halogen style white, the ddm tuning 5k might be what youre looking for. As far as the wiring harness, don't quote me on this, but I think if you get the right hid kit for your vehicle, you shouldn't need the harness. The ballist should just plug into your stock headlight connector. Maybe someone that has put hids in a mustang can chime in.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

The 6k will have a slight blue tint to it, but nothing like the 8k and higher blues. Also, if you're looking for a super bright halogen style white, the ddm tuning 5k might be what youre looking for. As far as the wiring harness, don't quote me on this, but I think if you get the right hid kit for your vehicle, you shouldn't need the harness. The ballist should just plug into your stock headlight connector. Maybe someone that has put hids in a mustang can chime in.

NO!!!..look man if u dont get a harness and just get the one that plugs into ur stock plugs ur asking for trouble...i did that on my truck and i fried the stock cables...this happened with a 300 dollar panasonic kit that i ordered from japan...i got myself an o-nex brand kit with the relay and the fuse kit and ive been good for almost 3 years...i have the h13 high/low kit with 6000k color...i can get u one for $140...also with the 55w kit u may have some headlight dAmage...too hot!!ur good with 35w

• 2 weeks later...

I bought two 12k kits on 55w for some family and they look great unfortunately I put my in and for like a month they worked great, and then one day they just wouldn't want to turn on I got pissed and ripped em out im going to save for a really nice kit.

03' NISSAN XTERRA

(1) AQ3500d

(1) AQ4x90

(1) Audio Control Line Driver

(4) DC LVL 4 15's

Cresendo Mids and Highs

100' of 0/guage

Big Three

Mechman 270a Charging @ 16.5v

(6) XS D1400's

Highest Termlab Score 149.9 at the kick & 166.1 in the Port/ on stock electrical and 1 DC XL M1

Updated JUNE 2012*****MY BUILD LOG

USACI REGION 6 POINTS LEADER 2011

USACI KANSAS RECORD HOLDER 2011

Team DC

dcletterhead.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

Archived