Starting new? Share with the class.

So currently I'm working as a temp at a local factory (yeah, like the song. -.-) and am fed up with it. I turn 21 in June and am wanting to do something with my life. Ive always been the kinda guy who's out to try anything and that carries over to my work. I have done everything from construction to retail and am wanting something more than that dead end job where I look back at my life 20 years from now and say "WTF, why am I stuck."

Noones wants this from life I understand, but the difference is I actually am going to change it. So my question is what does the SMD peeps think? Give me an example of how you turned it all around and did something or your plans to do so. What stopped you from doing it? I'm wanting suggestions on where to start. College, marines/military, just something. I'd love to do it like they do in the movies and just go for it, but bills deem that impossible. I think the major thing is we get in the way of ourselves too much. I believe if you want to do anything and truly work at it, you can. But what is blocking the way to just doing it?

I'm thinking of a ton of things ranging from architecture to welding to military, etc. Or start up my music career, just something different then just putting in my time for shut money with no return. Might be a good topic for discussion.

Edited by tonedeaf

move, i was looking at college like that, i have gone through computer networking, paramedic, automotive engineer, back to networking and i didnt know what i was doing, i moved and now i am on a straight path to an MBA ... a fresh change in scenery can do wonders!