none the less still pointless, a real install will do it already, so basically they are doing stuff that has no bearing and isn't needed?

Not necessarily this guy is making it so even the simplest installs can have 3d sound without needing time alignment and this also makes the music 3d by changing the way the music is heard through your left and right ear, giving it depth without having to have a SQ car.

This guy gets it.

none the less still pointless, a real install will do it already, so basically they are doing stuff that has no bearing and isn't needed?

This guy doesn't get it.

no he isn't, he is measuring at the listening position to figure out time alignment. that is all he is doing. technically what he is doing is trying to help people with hearing problems who use hearing aids get the same abilities as healthy people

Its not just time alignment. If it were it would be pretty simple... a bit of trig and simple physics. With just time alignment you couldn't tell if it were in front of you to the right or behind you to the right. Also, only time alignment wouldn't be enough to fully get the feel for most people. It is much more detailed than that. I could explain some of it, but the best way to tell is to actually watch the video. Though he didn't mention it here ive seen elsewhere in similar studies/technology that the sound is also slightly altered to mimic how your body/ear reflects the sound waves.

Now, tell me how your sq install does anything mentioned. It doesn't even do time alignment like you are trying to say it does. The only time alignment it will do is getting the same wave from different speakers to you at the same time. Nothing to do with direction perception. Just a set time delay for all notes.

• 3 weeks later...

Not necessarily this guy is making it so even the simplest installs can have 3d sound without needing time alignment and this also makes the music 3d by changing the way the music is heard through your left and right ear, giving it depth without having to have a SQ car.

This guy gets it.

This guy doesn't get it.

no he isn't, he is measuring at the listening position to figure out time alignment. that is all he is doing. technically what he is doing is trying to help people with hearing problems who use hearing aids get the same abilities as healthy people

Its not just time alignment. If it were it would be pretty simple... a bit of trig and simple physics. With just time alignment you couldn't tell if it were in front of you to the right or behind you to the right. Also, only time alignment wouldn't be enough to fully get the feel for most people. It is much more detailed than that. I could explain some of it, but the best way to tell is to actually watch the video. Though he didn't mention it here ive seen elsewhere in similar studies/technology that the sound is also slightly altered to mimic how your body/ear reflects the sound waves.

Now, tell me how your sq install does anything mentioned. It doesn't even do time alignment like you are trying to say it does. The only time alignment it will do is getting the same wave from different speakers to you at the same time. Nothing to do with direction perception. Just a set time delay for all notes.

Thank you sir, Saved me some typing!!

Fi BTL 15 N2 D2

-4.5 net..30Hz/Birch and Braced

-AQ 2200D running at 4-ohms for meantime...

-Big 3 KNU 1/0

-XS 1200

-Sundown 100.4 SAX

-Front Stage: CDT CL-61

-Rear: Alpine Type-SA

-HeadUnit-Pioneer AVHDVD-3200

-2004 Saturn Ion

Best score to Date is a 143.1 at the kick with 2 RF HX2 10's in a PWK box!

BUILD LOG---15 BTL...Shit is loud Son!!

You TUBE---RIGHT HERE

This guy gets it.

This guy doesn't get it.

you show me one TRUE sq car you can't point out where instruments come from. I know exactly what they are doing and it has been done for a very long time. they arn't even doing this for fucking cars or stereo's anyway it's for other uses

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

here is one of petes video's talking about the same thing I am

fast forward past the silverado

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg7C7sjAmPA&feature=channel_video_title

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I like how many experts there are here. Logically thinking if he were just doing a 'time delay' for all notes like someone said, it would have to be used for a set studio. There are too many variables to say 'we delayed te notes, tah dah, 3D sound' because each application the speakers would be a different distance away, or pointing in different directions, etc. Without a proper install, I.e. a studio, it wouldn't be possible. Maybe with a new kind of speaker system or something, but with your normal speaker, aiming and time alignment would be necessary to get this kind of result. That being said you can also tell well recorded music vs music with shotty recording.

Everything I said was using logic from the comments I read...I haven't watched the video yet mind you because I'm at work. I'll watch it soon.

I like how many experts there are here. Logically thinking if he were just doing a 'time delay' for all notes like someone said, it would have to be used for a set studio. There are too many variables to say 'we delayed te notes, tah dah, 3D sound' because each application the speakers would be a different distance away, or pointing in different directions, etc. Without a proper install, I.e. a studio, it wouldn't be possible. Maybe with a new kind of speaker system or something, but with your normal speaker, aiming and time alignment would be necessary to get this kind of result. That being said you can also tell well recorded music vs music with shotty recording.

Everything I said was using logic from the comments I read...I haven't watched the video yet mind you because I'm at work. I'll watch it soon.

which is why you missed it's for head phones

mcintoshsigz.png

:peepwall:

The new acuras have surround sound in them. I sat it one car for like 15 minutes. It sounded great.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Im surprised this got bumped. Im also surprised Im still replying.

Not that it matters but I am now convinced you haven't watched the video. How can you say it is "for head phones" when the entire first minute is about how it is for regular speakers and the first image in the video... the first 6 seconds... has obvious text that says "The following video features audio demonstrations designed for playback through laptop speakers" after which is the outlines of headphones being crossed out and a laptop with sound coming from it?

lol.

Im surprised this got bumped. Im also surprised Im still replying.

Not that it matters but I am now convinced you haven't watched the video. How can you say it is "for head phones" when the entire first minute is about how it is for regular speakers and the first image in the video... the first 6 seconds... has obvious text that says "The following video features audio demonstrations designed for playback through laptop speakers" after which is the outlines of headphones being crossed out and a laptop with sound coming from it?

lol.

how can it be made for speakers? I could face one 180% out of phase and totally destroy their effect. where I could aim them right and get that effect with out needing them to figure out how to record like that? Edited by korey_hofer

mcintoshsigz.png