So i've been rebuilding a 4age out of an AE86 and went to do my first start when my whole motor didnt wanna turn. Turns out my ARP head stud sticks out too far which caused my dizzy's shaft to bent and catch in the head and also broke a good couple chunks out of the cams dizzy teeth.

In the photo below there is almost a whole tooth missing, one with a smaller piece out of it and one thats cracked and I'm wondering if with those chipped teeth will i be alright or am i gonna need a new camshaft? I have plenty of money into this build already so i'm already leaning towards a new one it's just it'll be a while, and would like some input... THANKS

DSC_0001-3.jpg

I wouldn't do it on a cam gear, you lose timing on one cam and not other very good chance of bending valves. sucks but I'd do it right first time, especially on a higher reving motor like that

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

first off where did you buy those studs? where they specifically for that motor? if they are and it says they are supposed to work then i would go after the company for a new cam.....

but if you cant or dont want to spend the time then buy a new cam. id send that one back and say it showed up that way. DO NOT USE THAT CAM lol