Second Skin Audio

Porting my box at 35 hz , but where?

porting my sub box to get best out of it!

should i port it between my 2 bucket seats on passenger or driver side or on the side of the box.

to get most spl and for it to be loud i am not worried about numbers just how loud it is to a person in person while sitting in my truck.

my new box is 40.25w x 8d x 14.25h or something like that rough fully 2.00 cu.ft after displacement and box will be using a aero port this time and sub will be in the middle of the box.so it sits between the 2 seats.

please feel free to question me if ya dont understand what i am asking for or the description. :drinks: and thanks

tumblr_lke70fCjxF1qeo63mo1_500.jpg

IMG00544-20110326-1106.jpg

HPIM8434-1.jpg

i would like the sub to stay in the middle of my new box so it sits betweens my two seats nicely. like it is in the video i just wanna know where to put the port. Jump to 3:55 in the video to see where the sub sits at exactly

Edited by Relyks

on top in the middle. when someone is sitting in the seat and the ports right in their ear it sounds louder to them... thats how i have my box in my truck.

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

what HELL YES! FTMFW! someone on here with a single cab bad ass system and no blow trough :drinks:

edit but yeah ported in middle sounds good but is it ok since the port will be right above my sub? i mean directly above it? and will i still get a good bit of spl and air movement?

Edited by Relyks

:drink40: haha mine did a 138.3 at 32hz its tuned at 29. i like the lows! i think its cool to be louder than the next guy with a truck and he has a blow through. hopefully the next setup gets extra loud!is ur sub ths streetduty or heavy duty?

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

street duty 10" d4. heavy dutys only come in D1 or D2

and its going to be ran of a

aq1200d stock alt 0/1ga knukonceptz wiring etc etc check out my build log get full details im in process of building it right now. :good:

Edited by Relyks