Ok so basically I'm thinking bout going back to school. I'm 30 years old and I'm working less than 20 hours a week, cleaning up a restaraunt every day Monday - Friday for $8 an hour. Very hard to afford gas and insurance. Luckily I have some great family members to where all I gotta pay is my insurance and gas for my car. Living rent free and shit may sound cool and all, but trust me I'd rather make it on my own. I mean seriously, what girl would want a guy who lives with his grandparents? Ok, back to the topic. (sorry bout that rant). I'm not sure where I want to go to school at, or if I should just do it online. I know I want to something with computers, what exactly I'm not sure yet. I will admit I'm not the brightest bulb in the box. I'm one of those that learns best by hands on, if I gotta read and study I might as well be reading some langue not found on earth. I know the schools here in Western Ky aren't the best, but maybe be better than nothing. Right now these words are haunting me "I'll just take a year off then I'll go to college". I graduated in '99, early graduation matter of fact. I got all my credits for graduation the first half my senior year, so I haven't been to school since the end of January '99. What do ya'll think I should do? The closest campus is around 30ish miles from my house, which is the same distance to my work. A good thing bout online classes is that I can take them when ever really, could be wrong but thats what I've heard. So lets hear it people.

SMD FTW

business school. if I was to go back that is what I would go for. It is much better to go for something universal instead of one specific thing it widens up job opportunities

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

i fucked up and mess up with my college thing and now im paying for it hard =/

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

I'm 31 and started going back to school last semester. I'm still not sure what I want to get into, but I need to get my required courses out of the way first anyway. I'm doing online right now but plan on taking physical classes soon.

I will say this about online classes; you have to be EXTREMELY motivated to get your work done. I've got a lot of work to get done by this Sunday, and I work weekends. So, I'll be spending all day today doing schoolwork, when I could have gotten it done sometime over the last two weeks. :peepwall:

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

good to hear that you want to go back to school. First off since your income is so low you need to apply for financial aid which you will most likely get Grants instead of loans. Which grants are free money and you dont have to pay them back. But even if you get loans with FA you dont pay them back until you grad. If you have any kids then you can add them as your dependants.

as for school, taking online classes can be iffy. Not that one looks better than the other, all in all its the paper that you are working on that says you got a degree. Its the fact that allot of online classes are total BS when it comes to teaching you. They can be very dry/cut to the point and be missing allot of info that has you confused for hw and test time. I have not taken any myself but my fiance has had her share of many online classes. EAch one she took has given her total hell and back. The teachers dont really put much effort into the online class sometimes. She has been making like 30s on the test and the class average is so bad he scales the test so she is making a 75% on them. Just goes to show you the confusion that goes allong with it.

I would personally go to school in person, in a class room. It is sooo much easier and you will learn allot more. If you are working 20hrs week you can totally get that done going 12-14hrs of school a week. I work 30hrs week and go full time at 12-13 each fall and spring. I have been going for like 5yrs only bc im having to work my ass off while im going so i cant take 18hrs like allot of kids do. good luck man and if you have any questions just PM me i could prob answer allot of them

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

business school. if I was to go back that is what I would go for. It is much better to go for something universal instead of one specific thing it widens up job opportunities

that only works if you like buisness. I personally cant stand the shit, reason im a biology major and working on getting my PH.D next. Everyone is diff, I like the lab life, others like the paper work and desk.

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars