so i found a pretty sweet deal on a car on www.luxurymotors.com and i emailed them about it. the next day they jack up their price on the car 3 grand so im whoa what the fuck. so i call them and they said that there was no price increase. but luxury motors is a huge online dealership so they posted their cars on auto trader and yahoo autos too so i told them im look at the same damn car for 3 grand cheaper. so he was like how do you know its the same car and i was like cause the damn vin numbers are the same. sooooo he said hell call me right back and so i called up my uncle since hes a car dealer and he knows how to deal with them cause uhh he uses the same tactics they do (well so i found out) cause he told me i gaurentee that theyll say that they have another customer ready to but it but if you can get the money to them first they will sell it to you. so the guy calls me back and said exactly that. and i said well im not gonna buy it unless you drop the price 3 grand cause thats what you advertised at first not my fault if it was your mistake. so i told them i wasnt interested and they said ok. called back my uncle and he just started laughing saying like ill bet you 50 bucks that they will call YOU back before 6oclock and if they do give them my cellphone number. well i won the bet cause he called back around 645 hahaha so he was telling me he was talking with the manager and said he could drop the price $500 so i just told them my uncle wants to talk to you guys about it and gave them his cellphone number. After a period of time my uncle called back and long story short he pwn3d them and they said they wouldnt drop the price but give it about a week and they will. well i got an email today saying that they have dropped the price on my vehicle to whole sale price (which i dunno what that is bet its like 1 grand cheaper or something) and that to call them if youre interested.

so im just fortunate i guess that my uncle was there to help but theyre all douchebags for trying to rip you off i hate them ugh. and now i have to call them back and see what this so called wholesale price is. but i have to hand it to them they had me fooled lol.

(oh and if you plan on buying a car from there watch out lol)

Dealers are not fun to deal with, that's for sure. 

I bought my S10 at Hertz a few months ago.  It was the NICEST rig I could find in town, exactly what I had wanted...low miles, super clean in and out, no wear and tear etc.  They actually had it priced real well too.  I couldn't believe how well the whole deal went, real nice people and they threw in tons of extras too.  I think the key is to do tons of research on the vehicle.  Check out carfax, find the blue book price, keep coming back and looking things over on the vehicle, etc.  I found some very tiny scratches and the common oil leaks here and there from the engine--just little things like that will help get the price dropped.

Sorry you had a bad deal, but don't rule dealers out completely.  However, the private party is a better way to go if you find something you really want.

well the car fax history report was clean i cant look over the vehicle since its in chicago and its a 4-5hr drive but hopefully they drop the price cause im absolutely in love with this car but if they dont i dont wanna buy it cause thats almost kelly blue book.

lol and dont say its only 3 grand cause thats alot of moolah to be wasted.