Sonic Electronix

so i bought this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270718892321&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1177wt_905

and i was wondering if this is the right stuff the only thing that scetches me out is how short the cure time is idk if ill have enough time to make sure i have everything for my recone set right

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

it says the cure time on the back of the bottle i already bought it a member in chat said it was the right stuff so i went ahead and got it

cure times only 2 mins

Edited by hifonics10

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Does it come with activator, without the activator it is pretty much just super glue!

Also, that is NOT FOAM SAFE it says, so I probably wouldnt use it for gluing your surround!!

http://fixmyspeaker.com/ProductList.php?CatID=7

Theres what you should get! Tho I dont like how they dont disclose the type of glue you are using, all glue is not created equal and some is better then others. All you know with the glue from FMS is it was bought in bulk and repackaged for smaller sales.

cure times only 2 mins

2 minutes? LOL

Umm now, it may bond in 2 minutes (where the activator was applied), but where ever the activator did not get sprayed will not usually cure for 24hours.

If you use too much activator however, the glue will get hot and crack (like fiberglass resin with too much hardner) or the glue joints will turn white.

depending on your ability to recone a woofer, you should be able to remove clamps with in 30-45minutes of spraying activator.

BUT STILL DONT USE THE WOOFER FOR A GOOD 24HOURS TO BE SAFE!

thats odd the bottle doesnt say anything about it not being foam safe i sopose i could just use jb welb for the surround im

thats odd the bottle doesnt say anything about it not being foam safe i sopose i could just use jb welb for the surround im

read the ebay auction you bought it from...

Not safe for foam. For foam applications use epoxy or foam-safe CA.

ik i was just saying

FUCK what other options do i have that i can pick up at walmart or advanced auto parts im getting my recone monday so im not waiting anylonger to order something else ive seen people recone subs on youtube with jbweld and epoxy