Just got my first call of the new month..

That's cool, we have all have a lot of similar codes but depends on the area and city. I know alot of people that say the job is easy for both fields but honestly it's not, I'm sure you're dad would say the samething.

But seeing as though you've grown or is growing up around it it would be easier for you since you know what the job is really about. Me on the other hand I just jumped right into it almost right after highschool and I thought I was gonna hate it but I love it at times (Even I have gotten threats and been told "I'm gonna blow you're building up and kill everyone that works there") but I'm 18 going on 19 and everyone thought I wasn't gonna last but 6 or 7 months later I'm still here doing better and getting more used to the severity of the calls. And I can say I had no clue what I was getting into but the job security and training are well worth it and that goes for everyone that works in the EMS field and Police field.

I'll listen in when I have a chance but the city is going to hell. My crew that went out on those calls just went on another drunk call and is now at a bar for a 10-84 (MVA) with one injury, PT hit by car slumped over unconscious uncotrolled bleeding and now conscious. Got calls from the city to respond and the county to respond. Good thin that SQ was already in the area.

Damn, not much has been going on. Rollover accident with two that refused treatment, that's about it.

Iceman is I'm assuming, and I'm a ambulance dispatcher.

Yep. :D

Oh i was saying because my dad is a captain at the fire department i think he is squad 1 or something but the way you were talking was similar how he talks

Public Safety usually speaks the same "dialect" with different codes, that's about the only thing. PD have certain codes, fire the same, and medical usually just talks in plain talk.

Drunk people are retarded

Fixed. :peepwall:

POTATO!

That's cool, we have all have a lot of similar codes but depends on the area and city. I know alot of people that say the job is easy for both fields but honestly it's not, I'm sure you're dad would say the samething.

But seeing as though you've grown or is growing up around it it would be easier for you since you know what the job is really about. Me on the other hand I just jumped right into it almost right after highschool and I thought I was gonna hate it but I love it at times (Even I have gotten threats and been told "I'm gonna blow you're building up and kill everyone that works there") but I'm 18 going on 19 and everyone thought I wasn't gonna last but 6 or 7 months later I'm still here doing better and getting more used to the severity of the calls. And I can say I had no clue what I was getting into but the job security and training are well worth it and that goes for everyone that works in the EMS field and Police field.

Sounds like you got it good. I've been told I should work at the dispatch center, and I'm thinking about it.

POTATO!

Nice fix haha. You ninja'd me on it lol. And Dispatch is good and all but you get to deal with threats and stuff first hand and if you're the only dispatcher at the time it can get hectic. For example, one night I had all 7 lines lit up, falling behind on my and dispatching 3 SQ's while dispatching the ambulettes. That night sucked ass lol. I had to call every company in the city to respond to calls and had to sit on a few. Obviously the less serious calls. But atleast at the center there's more dispatchers but it still can get very hectic. And I'm trying to get into one lol.

Edited by Vitacy

Haha nice. Im channel surfing right now until that phone rings... Which should be any minute for the crew to get their run number and times.

Edit- Dawn of the the Dead FTW! Lol

Hm, most med units don't ask for run # & times here, at least over the radio. They only use the radios for dispatch, enroute, & arrivals.

POTATO!

Ours do, but not over radio because they also give a name and were not aloud to give a name in any fashion over the radio they have to 10-40 (Call) to give or receive a name. All the other stuff can go across the radio.

And I also work for a private company so that's probably why.