Jump to content

My way to 153.2dB @ 26Hz. Ford Express with 4x 15"


Recommended Posts

Posted

Test fit of the baffel .

DSCF0721.jpg

Port.

DSCF0717.jpg

DSCF0713.jpg

DSCF0711.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

Forgot my camera so just pics from my phone..

Needed more 2"x3"...

Bild072.jpg

Bild018.jpg

Bild065.jpg

For the next two pics, don´t ask why it was taken.. I don´t know ;)

Bild067.jpg

Bild071.jpg

Don´t have the space I need for the amps so I had to improvice, the PG and the B2 amp under that will be ½" into the 2"x3" so I can close the back doors... It´s TIGHT!

I will have two more B2´s between the braces.

Bild081.jpg

Bild082.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

The bracing will be screwed to the backwall.

Bild083.jpg

Bild086.jpg

Bild088.jpg

Bild089.jpg

Put this in the sealed box to brace and to have an easy way to know that my baffle will be in the right place.

Bild087.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

I had to cut up the port to be able to get inside the box, the port was 8" and now it´s ~10", I will add two boards to the port to get it back to 8".

DSCF0727.jpg

DSCF0728.jpg

I added some 2"x3" to the portwall.

DSCF0726.jpg

The others side.

DSCF0729.jpg

And then I added some boards.

DSCF0736.jpg

When it was time to put in the baffle I had called my friend Mattias to give me some help since I had a feeling that it would be hard to get it inside the box.

I was right :D

Mattias weigh ~90kg and the baffel didn´t move at all when he jumped on it..

DSCF0730.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

But we didn´t give up that easy... :D

DSCF0731.jpg

Finaly the baffle was in.

DSCF0735.jpg

DSCF0734.jpg

DSCF0733.jpg

DSCF0732.jpg

I used this 2"x3" and a hammer to get the baffle in, as you can see it needed some force to get it done .

DSCF0737.jpg

DSCF0738.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

A little video of the box.

http://s709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/ExtraKim/Expressen/?action=view¤t=DSCF0743.flv

(The box are on it´s side.)

Some bracing.

DSCF0739.jpg

DSCF0741.jpg

I bought this some days after I started to build the box when my other screws ran out and then I bought 150 75mm screws... And yesterday I opened my fifth glueblottle ;)

DSCF0745.jpg

Side

DSCF0746.jpg

Floor

DSCF0747.jpg

Roof

DSCF0744.jpg

Others side.

DSCF0752.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

Front, the "portblocker" to get the port size back.

DSCF0753.jpg

Just first layer with paint, I have some ideas for the inside but I want to test the box first.

DSCF0750.jpg

DSCF0751.jpg

The box are VERY heavy right now, used this to flip it on the side.

DSCF0749.jpg

Had to get the box out from the garage today and my mom and I had big problems moving it. But problems just need to be solved so I used tubes to roll the box on :D

DSCF0754.jpg

The tubes we used to move the box.

DSCF0755.jpg

My moms dog didn´t like the box...

DSCF0756.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Posted

DSCF0757.jpg

DSCF0758.jpg

DSCF0759.jpg

DSCF0760.jpg

DSCF0761.jpg

DSCF0762.jpg

DSCF0763.jpg

Personal bests:

dB Drag: 163.4dB (2004)

Propper Droppers: Average: 150.5dB. Peak: 153.2dB @ 26Hz (2010)

EASCA dBL: 152.2dB (music)(2010)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 473 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...