Db Program

go get the boom stick from walmart lol, for like $15 it measures up to 130db. so its good enough for your speakers.... (sucks for bass though =)

Or you can go to makeitlouder.com. Here you can get a meater, the program, and Spectrum Analyzer so you can view how the sounds waves that are flowing in your truck or car while you beatin. I bought one from them and my numbers are coming out the same as term lab and they are way cheaper. For the whole Package I payed a little more than $250 and it can read from 50 - 186 db. which is a whole lot better than $600 term lab. Now I'm not downing term lab. I'm just stating if you want to know how many db's you hittin and you ain't got the cheese to spend on a term lab get your stuff from makeitlouder.com. The owners name is Will Hamby.

Or you can go to makeitlouder.com. Here you can get a meater, the program, and Spectrum Analyzer so you can view how the sounds waves that are flowing in your truck or car while you beatin. I bought one from them and my numbers are coming out the same as term lab and they are way cheaper. For the whole Package I payed a little more than $250 and it can read from 50 - 186 db. which is a whole lot better than $600 term lab. Now I'm not downing term lab. I'm just stating if you want to know how many db's you hittin and you ain't got the cheese to spend on a term lab get your stuff from makeitlouder.com. The owners name is Will Hamby.

I've seen that meter before.

Extremely close to the TL for the price.

But,

No one is going to believe your score unless it is on the TL.

Is is good for testing and tuning, though.

Finding out what you need to do to achieve maximum score.

This meter is on ebay for 170

DB Meter

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

Gotta love the vids on that site of the Jets breaking the sound barrier 212 dbs! Awesome! I had read somewhere on the internet that the Space Shuttle lifting off is supposedly one of the the loudest things on earth, but who knows.

I'd like to have the version with the RTA but maybe later on. For jsut measuring dbs, do you just need the mic and the disc and a voltage meter, then you covert the voltage readout with their chart to get your actual db???

Edited by ptcary

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Gotta love the vids on that site of the Jets breaking the sound barrier 212 dbs! Awesome! I had read somewhere on the internet that the Space Shuttle lifting off is supposedly one of the the loudest things on earth, but who knows.

I'd like to have the version with the RTA but maybe later on. For jsut measuring dbs, do you just need the mic and the disc and a voltage meter, then you covert the voltage readout with their chart to get your actual db???

What?

Where does a voltage meter come into measuring the SPL of a stereo..? :huh:

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

It can be hooked to a computer just like a term lab or you can just get the mic and hook it to a volt meter. I think thats pretty cool myself. I'm really thinking about getting this meter myself.

1993 Mazda Mx-3

Subs: 2 18" DC Audio Lvl 4 D.7

Highs amp: Sundown SAX-100.4

Sub amp: Sundown SAZ-3000D

Electrical:Kinetik 1200 under hood, 2-Kinetik 2400 rear

All 1/0 KnuKonceptz Wire Power/Ground, Big 3, 8Ga Speaker Wire, KnuKonceptz Karma RCA's

Dampening: 120sqft 80Mil Thick Sound Destroyer Mat

Goal: 150 DB 149.9 Street Bass

TeamSundown-3-1.jpg

DCSig.jpg

I have one of the makeitlouder.com meters, they work great and are decently accurate with the termlab, you just need a good digital multimeter that does millivolts in the a/c scale.

so if your looking for a cheaper alternative for measuring db get yourself one you wont be disappointed.

Garett