Help with Laptop Again

I wish someone could or would jump in that could help me with this...My comp is really important because i need to get my schoolwork done.... Some one PLEASE help me

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

The computer was acting really retarded and i was advised that a format could remove what ever could be causing the issues but all it did was caused worse problems :(

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

i would assume, taking security procedures, would have been suggested first

anyways, have you tried to see if any updates for your OS are available, it is possible that due to factory reset, some of the issues with the Internet may have reverted, the last major release was windows 7 SP1, and then a few minor security updates, hasnt been too many critical updates, but you could try

ive done many factory resets before (normally when selling a computer to a new person though), but never had an issue with downloading or anything, only thing is making sure you have all the appropriate drivers

im not sure about the UAC for windows 7 as i keep mine shut off, but is it possible that its turned on to not allow you privileges to download from the net

ive honestly never ran into this issue, i would suggest however, getting a flash drive or something going somewhere that allows you to download swtuff, and getting some security programs to do some basic scans while your trying to get this figured out

spybot

glary utilities

i have an on demand scanner from eset which may be helpful, i keep it on my portable harddrive in case something prevents mne form accessing my programs on my main drive, i could email it to you

avast, avg, or another anti-virus program

malwarebytes anti-malware (has a free version)

does torrenting work (if you torrent) or is it only direct download

Try doing this with IE

Click on Tools (in the menu) , Select Internet Options , Click on the Security tab

Click on the Custom Level button , Scroll down to Downloads: Automatic prompting for file downloads

Click on Enable , Click OK .

Make sure file downloads is Enabled also.

Did you create a administrator user account under Windows 7 make sure you didn't create a guest or limited use account.

Try doing this:

Go to the internet explorer symbol...right click it and it should say "run as administrator"...click that and you will be able to download stuff.

Your best bet is just create a new account administrater. It should solve all your issues.

Firefox may block downloads of all executable files if the Windows Internet security option, "Launching applications and unsafe files" is set to "Disable". This setting is misleading, since downloading is also blocked. This security option is available on Windows Vista and Windows XP systems with Internet Explorer 7 installed. To change the setting, open Internet Options (via Control Panel or from Internet Explorer -> Tools) and click the Security tab. With the Internet zone icon highlighted, click the Custom level... button. A list of security settings for the Internet zone will appear. Find the "Launching applications and unsafe files" setting (under Miscellaneous) and select "Prompt (recommended)".

Clicked TOOLS----Internet Options----Security----Custom Level----

Search Under Misc for Launching Applications and unsafe files....

Mine was disabled....I changed it to enabled(Which is not secure BTW) downloaded the file I needed and clicked it on Prompt(which is labeled as reccomended...)

You can also try google chrome.

Good Luck!

2 Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 P3D412 in a 4.75 cu. ft sealed box.

Alpine Type-R SPR-17S 2-way component 6.5"

Alpine SPR-57C 5" x 7" 2-Way Coaxial Speaker (Pair)

RF T1000-1bdCP

Alpine MRP-F300

62.5 SQ Ft. Audio Wrap

Stinger SPC122 Capacitor 1 Farad Chrome w/Blue Neon

Limo Tint All Back 5 Windows

2mgqurs.png

358c1w1.gif

computergeek.jpg