Building door panels, help please =]

So i decided on finally doing my first set of door panels.

Going with 4 sets of Crescendo 6.5's

running at 2 ohms powered by my DC 175.4

I have a bunch of Amazon giftcards that i need to use.

The reason i made this thread is because im not sure exactly what supplies i will need.

Could you guys link me to the items on amazon that i will need to buy?

(resin, glass mat, body filler, etc)

Everything except the wood!

I got that covered

Thanks guys!

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

i use 3m/bondo fiberglass resin and cloth, not mat, and 3m/bondo body filler (short strand fiberglass reinforced and regular) other people use stuff like kitty hair and rage extreme, not sure what the differences are. find some plastic cups and 1~2inch brushes, and a bunch of sand paper. i'm sure i'm missing a few things.

here's some links

http://www.amazon.com/312-Bondo-Autobody-Filler-Kit/dp/B0007ZE7XY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304478200&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/3M-488-Bondo-Fiberglass-Mat/dp/B000BOA0BY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1304478200&sr=8-7

http://www.amazon.com/Bondo-Brand-Company-272-Glass/dp/B000VKZ3JM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1304478274&sr=8-6

http://www.amazon.com/AES-Industries-602-Paint-Brush/dp/B0025BZ3GS/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1304478310&sr=1-2

you may want to get some bigger sizes, not sure how much work you're doing.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

Im assuming i will also need a hardener for the resin you recommended?

EDIT: NVM saw that it came with some... im doing the lower sections of 2 door panels...

How much do you think i will need?

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Resin. A gallon of it $35 at lowes for 3m

Probably two packs of mat for $5-6 each

Measuring cups. 3-4 .80 each I think

Cheap paint brushes (small ones) 1.00 each about

Can of acetone to put brushes in between coats

Yard or two of fleece

2x2 sheet of birch of MDF for rings

Paint or fabric/ fleece for finishing. If paint I use bondo body filler go get it smooth. Some 60/80, 150, and 300 grit sandpaper.

And go through as many pages in the fabricating section and take notes on everything people have done.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Yard or two of fleece

Paint or fabric/ fleece for finishing. If paint I use bondo body filler go get it smooth. Some 60/80, 150, and 300 grit sandpaper.

And go through as many pages in the fabricating section and take notes on everything people have done.

Thanks man!

I will see how much of that i can find on Amazon, the guy above you gave some good links, i will just get more than 1 quart of each.

And i plan on hawk eying the fabrication section for the next week or 2, i want to do this right.

I just wanted to buy everything first!

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

Not a problem. That stuff is just what I use and like. Everyone had a preference and some stuff is better then others. Also pull need some small dowel rods depending on how you plan to build the panels.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Yard or two of fleece

Thanks man!

I will see how much of that i can find on Amazon, the guy above you gave some good links, i will just get more than 1 quart of each.

And i plan on hawk eying the fabrication section for the next week or 2, i want to do this right.

I just wanted to buy everything first!

I use about a quart a panel for five speakers in each door(not counting regular filler), and a gallon of resin but I don't wrap the panel in cloth resin that then do a bunch of layers of mat, I just do one layer of mat and then a bunch of short strand filler.

you may also want to pick up a glue gun if you don't have one, personal preference though, should be around 14 bucks.

Edited by sqsux

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

just did a box for my boat wasnt too bad.if you have any mechanical skills at all youll be fine.

alpine 794 h/u

6 crescendo ccx 6.5 comps

4 polk db 6x9 3 ways

2 jl audio OG 12w6 v1

1 jl audio OG 10w6 v1

1 soundstream rubicon rubi5.800 5 channel

1 soundstream rubicon rubi2.600 2 channel

1 soundstream rubicon rubi800.1 mono class d

1/0 knu

6 farad soundtream cap

soundstream bx 10

soundstream 3 way xover

while the US composites resin is nice, regular bondo resin works fine for me. however, the US composites matting is GREAT stuff to use. puts bondo matting to shame. and i hate the cloth stuff. the US composites matting pulls apart very easily so it thins it out so you can get the curves better.

Thanks again for all the help...

This is the first vehicle in which i will be eliminating my rear stage, so i have a few question (did not want to start a new topic)

Is the DC 175.4 Bridgeable?

Because if it is i would have channels 1/2 run the left side, and channels 3/4 run the right sad

I dont think it is, but i had to ask...

If it's not:

When dealing with RCA's do i simply split the front channels (1/2) from the HU into all 4 (1/2/3/4) amp inputs?

And when wiring components sets in parallel, how does that work? Are the wiring changes done at the two crossovers?

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's