Sonic Electronix

Ok, so I have a 5.87 ft^3 box for the trunk of my car and I just bought 2 AQ HDC3 copper 15's. The box is for 2 15's and is sealed. I am trying to get the best out of this box and make it the loudest possible. I will run 2 JL 500/1 for 1 HDC3. Im thinking that I will cover the extra hole on the box from the outside, use 1 15, and try to add some port tubes. I know nothing about how to use port tubes and how to calculate the diameter and length and where to put them. My box is 20.5" deep, 32.5" wide, and 15.5" tall. I was told somewhere in the range of adding 2 4" port tubes beside each other with length of 19", but the only place I could put these would be on the side of the box. So, I need some help on this box re-build with anyone who has ran these AQ HDC3 15's!!!

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

Ok, so I have a 5.87 ft^3 box for the trunk of my car and I just bought 2 AQ HDC3 copper 15's. The box is for 2 15's and is sealed. I am trying to get the best out of this box and make it the loudest possible. I will run 2 JL 500/1 for 1 HDC3. Im thinking that I will cover the extra hole on the box from the outside, use 1 15, and try to add some port tubes. I know nothing about how to use port tubes and how to calculate the diameter and length and where to put them. My box is 20.5" deep, 32.5" wide, and 15.5" tall. I was told somewhere in the range of adding 2 4" port tubes beside each other with length of 19", but the only place I could put these would be on the side of the box. So, I need some help on this box re-build with anyone who has ran these AQ HDC3 15's!!!

Given dimensions = 4.77 cubes gross. As for cylindrical ports, you'll have to ask someone with more experience.

Edited by iceman1575

POTATO!

well firstly with the dimensions u gave the box is only 4.8 f3 inside, dual 4" ports at around 19" will tune you to about 34hz and yes you could put them on the side you could also put them on the front but would require you to build out the area where the other cut out was patched up tuning is a matter of preference I like them low usually no higher than 34 but usually 30 or so these subs will play below tuning the hdc3 is a very well built sub a few factors are gonna be whats ur ride do you have the d1 or d2s and id be a bit wary of runnin 2 amps on one sub ill be bummin around a bit tomorrow any questions hit me up also excuse my puntuation lol or lack thereof im tired and its late for me ill have a bit more time tomorrow to post stuff

You mean gross as in with the subwoofer in it? Sub has a depth of 8.875", so.... <_<

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

well firstly with the dimensions u gave the box is only 4.8 f3 inside, dual 4" ports at around 19" will tune you to about 34hz and yes you could put them on the side you could also put them on the front but would require you to build out the area where the other cut out was patched up tuning is a matter of preference I like them low usually no higher than 34 but usually 30 or so these subs will play below tuning the hdc3 is a very well built sub a few factors are gonna be whats ur ride do you have the d1 or d2s and id be a bit wary of runnin 2 amps on one sub ill be bummin around a bit tomorrow any questions hit me up also excuse my puntuation lol or lack thereof im tired and its late for me ill have a bit more time tomorrow to post stuff

Then why bother replying if you can't use a language we can all understand?

You mean gross as in with the subwoofer in it? Sub has a depth of 8.875", so.... <_<

Gross as in before any measurements are taken out, ports, etc. Even with that as a net space, you'd be much better off with a single 15, because two would be asking for air that isn't there. What are you putting this in? Maybe you have more space to work with so you can fit two 15's...

POTATO!

Yes, this is gross dimensions, only considering about half the thickness of the wood, which is 3/4 inch. Thats what I am trying to run, a single 15. Thats why I was seeing if patching over the other hole, and using one 15 with 2 4" ports at 9" length would be best.

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

Also, if I add the 2 4inch ports at 9" length, do I keep the flare in the inside or take it off, having a straight pipe with no flare in the inside of the box? Also, since I can only put the ports 1 way, on the side because the box is about 30 inches long, where do I start to measure the 9" at?

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

If you did 3 4" ports tuned to 34hz with 4.8 ft3 of box space they would need to be 16.38" long but i dunno if you need 3 that seems like alot of port area for 1 15 but i might be trippin there a great calculator for aeroports on. psp-inc.com

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

How much port area would that be? Like i said im on mobile so i cant do it. Should be around 16per cubic foot right?

If you did 3 4" ports tuned to 34hz with 4.8 ft3 of box space they would need to be 16.38" long but i dunno if you need 3 that seems like alot of port area for 1 15 but i might be trippin there a great calculator for aeroports on. psp-inc.com